“Birthday Ribs..”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: South Surrey
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Had my birthday dinner at the derby. The Rib special was more than you could have expected.. awesome, definitely coming back

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Great for a quick bite or a party, the food is great and the staff very friendly and accommodating. We had a 83 birthday dinner for our father and 22 of us attended we all ate at the same time our meals were hot and not one person had a complaint about their food or drinks. They have a special licence that allows kids and they also have an outdoor eating are. Each dinner booth has small tv in them so you can watch horse racing while having your dinner. It's a really cute unique little bar and grill and my whole family was so pleased we found it. Thanks so much to Anna our waitress so helpful and friendly. Good job guys we will all be back. The prices for food and booze all very reasonable.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

We just had my dad's 83rd birthday party there last night. There were 20 of us and everybody's food was great. The service was awesome and the waitresses went out of their way to make it special for my dad. We will defiantly be going back again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Needed to have lunch while at the border crossing. We went tot the Derby. they have a good selection of food, and well priced lunch items.

Reviewed 31 July 2016

We shared the Deviance Salad. It sounded like a good chewy salad from the menu with chick peas, corn, and brown rice added to what would otherwise be a green salad. There was precious little of this stuff added so it was essentially a green salad with hunt and peck for the goodies. The brown rice turned out to be white rice.

The waitress never ever did appear to ask us about our meal and when we mentioned the rice I would say her response was indifferent, but that would be generous.

The honey lime dressing sounded good. Instead of a tasty vinaigrette it turned out to be a white blob of something from a jar.

I wanted skewered shrimp on top, but got baby shrimp instead. Partly my fault because I had no idea that both options were available, but the waitress never attempted any clarification either... and even more indifferent to my concern.