“Going downhill every time.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Memphis Blues BBQ House
Ranked #318 of 914 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We used to love this Memphis Blues and always had a great experience. Lately though (after a change in ownership) it seems to be declining. We ordered pick up and were told it would be 60 minutes (never had to wait over 15 minutes before). Upon pick up were told there were no rib ends so I ended up with very dry chicken. Got home with the bag and realized we didn't get any coleslaw or cornbread. Tried calling for 45 minutes to complain but the line was constantly busy. Finally gave up! My daughter got mad and drove over to complain and was given some of both - along with an apology. Unfortunately I can't see us eating here anytime soon. Going to miss the cornbread though!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Overly long wait for our food (group of 5), and it came at different times. Two same orders (brisket) were very different. One was dry with tiny shards, other was more moist with slices. Looks like one of us got the leftovers. Took 30 min to tell us a single order of cornbread was unavailable (ran out) then one "miraculously " showed up?! Pulled chicken sandwich had cold meat, no sauce, horrible! Will NOT be back.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

The food at Memphis Blues is so good ! This was our first time at "this" Memphis Blues Restaurant but we would go back for sure. Our waitress was new, and did make a couple of minor mistakes (quickly and easily solved by the server that was training her) but the food is so good you can overlook most anything. The taste, texture and temperature was perfect and the food comes out quickly. It's a casual restaurant with a nice little patio (it was a beautiful day so we ate on the patio, unfortunately most of the patio tables and chairs are pretty wobbly and could use replacing) and it's a good place for a casual family lunch or dinner.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

Ordering was easy. The rest of the experience was a disaster. As we ate our food we found most of it to be VERY, VERY overly salty. The beans, the ribs, the fries, the slaw were all salty. When we inquired with our waitress, she told us that next time we should
ask for it to be prepared differently. She was quite indifferent about the whole thing, What I wished she would have said is "Gee, is there something I could do to fix that?" or "How can I make this experience better?". It was downhill from there. No water refills, no check, no nothing. All this fun for $42. When I approached the counter to pay the bill, the cashier didn't seem to care either, after I told her what happened. If I were their boss, they would be spoken to. We felt that we did not ask for anything out of the ordinary so for those reasons, we are giving this dump one star and preferably no stars, but that isn't an option!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

I have never been to this location, but it's a good one. I was wondering if being on a diet would make it difficult to order something, but I had the smoked chicken and greens salad, and it was really good.