“Great food!”

Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Fleetwood
Neighbourhood: Fleetwood
Reviewed 9 August 2017

The staff is very welcoming. The owner is very warm and greeted us like we were long lost family. The chicken souvlaki is my favourite dish. My husband likes their lasagna. Apparently their pizza is very great do as well. Service was quick!

Reviewed 15 June 2017

The waitress and owner were lovely, kind and considerate. We were given a small soup before our meal and a complimentary lemon meringue pie for dessert which was a nice surprise.

Interior is clean and simple, location is tucked away a bit but your gps or google maps makes it easy.

We both ordered chicken souvlaki dinners (18cdn) which came with potato, rice, pita bread, very strong tzatiziki, and a chicken skewer. Very health portions, neither of us finished our dinners. It was a nice meal but not the best I've had. I appreciated the kind service and attention and value but would not return for this meal. (although I am a bit of a snob so my expectations are high with this particular meal).

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

We ordered in, service was very quick-very impressive. Lots of food, suggest ordering one dinner item and sharing the rice but ordering 4 skewers of souvlakis. Prawn souvlaki didn't really have flavour, chicken was good and so was rice.

Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

I love Greek food and my boyfriend doesn't really like it. We both eat out a lot. We came here on a whim, accidentally actually because we were meaning to go to Royal Oak greek across the street.

I was hesitant because of the prices, but I'm soo glad I gave it a try!! The portions are huuuge... I fed myself for two more meals from my take out from my Lamb Shoulder meal.

The best part of the meal is the Greek salad!! I am not a salad person but I would seriously come back just to order a large portion of only that. It's unlike any Greek salad I have ever ordered. The homemade dressing is creamy and the cheese is really good.

I wondered why they don't have that many customers but I think the price point is off in this area, which is one of the reasons I almost didn't walk in here. I recommend scaling back the portions and pricing it more reasonably to attract more customers and increase demand. It's tough to come by good Greek food and I would hate to see it close down.. it's been extremely empty every time I walked in.

Reviewed 14 February 2016

My husband and I loved going to Assinis when we lived in the neighbourhood. We loved the food, the service and the ambience. Even after we moved, we kept going there for takeout. Unfortunately, tonight the food was average at the best. The biggest disappointment were the potatoes, what we got were boiled potatoes with little salt and pepper. I am not Greek or an amazing cook, but I can make better Greek potatoes that actually taste like Greek potatoes with lemon and garlic flavour. The tzaziki was spicy with what seemed like green chilli peppers in it! I am Indian and can handle spice but that was a weird flavour. I didn't order Indo-Greek fusion food and expected authentic Greek flavours I have enjoyed in the past. I hope the original flavours are brought back but as things stand right now, I am disappointed to lose one of my fav Greek restaurants in Surrey.