“Family Run Independant”

Royal Oak Pizza Steak & Lbstr
Ranked #155 of 916 Restaurants in Surrey
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighbourhood: Fleetwood
Description: We're a family-owned and operated restaurant serving Surrey since 1978. We offer everything from Greek food to pizza and steak.Serving a diverse menu including pizza, pasta, steak, chicken and Greek food, Royal Oak Restaurant is a Surrey staple that will have you coming back again and again.Our pizza is the best in Surrey, and you've absolutely got to try our lamb. We have excellent wings and seafood entrees as well.We'd love to see you soon. If we don't see you soon, we'll just die. Don't procrastinate!
Reviewed 11 January 2018

Our first visit to a long established family operated restaurant. It is still providing great food with great service. We were there early for the Happy Hour whereby the "Happy Hour Menu" did me just perfect.
The $4 pint of beer is a good buy and I couldn't finish the $11.99 Kalamari.

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

People I've spoken with were hit and miss about this restaurant. I've been 3 or 4 times now and my opinion is that it is average and no better. I had the lasagna with meatballs. I found the sauce to be a bit starchy (shiny) and the meatballs were not that great. Also at our table everyone got food except for a couple who ordered a pizza. The waitress came after everyone had their meals and apologized and said there was some sort of system issue and the pizza didn't get entered so it was going to be another 10 mins as they had to make it. When the pizza arrived it was burnt on top, but the inside was cold. They obviously tried to flash cook it in a broiler to get it out quick.

Overall, not the worst experience I've ever had and it was Christmas time so I'll cut them some slack. My thing is, there are so many restaurants like this place within half an hour drive in all directions so to do Greek, a restaurant really needs to be on point... and locally there are definitely other restaurants that do the same menu better.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We discovered that the Royal Oak has been in business for several decades and originally opened in Burnaby. We found the staff very cordial making us feel very welcome from the moment that we stepped into the door. The menu offers both Greek and Italian fare with their focus on Greek. We opted for the seafood platter which included lobster tail, skewers of prawns and Crab Legs. At $85 it really wasn't such a bad deal.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

My husband and I had dinner here on our first night in Canada. The restaurant bills itself as Greek Cuisine and serves pizza. I found this a bit confusing, but went with the flow. The Happy Hour menu was a little confusing, but our server gladly pointed out our error. Once we decided on our dinner selections, the wait for our food was what we expected for a nicely prepared meal. And, the food was excellent. Since I was expecting the bill to be higher than we usually pay for a dinner out, we took a deep breath when it came. We had great service, and would recommend this establishment as a place to celebrate a special occasion.

Reviewed 15 February 2017

I grew up going to Royal Oak in North Delta back in the 80s. Loved it then, still love it now. Pizzas are delicious, as are the appetizers, esp. the French onion soup, homus and pita, and bacon wrapped scallops. Go a few times and the service staff will remember you.

Conveniently located, reasonable parking in front with lots more in the overflow lot out back.