“Good food, staff need training”

Bragg's Korner Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Description: Warm Welcoming Service, Great Food, and a Friendly Comforting Atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came out to Bragg Creek for the afternoon and had lunch here. My fiance and I ordered pizza. Waitress was nice and everything was going well. After we ordered a large group came in and sat down (roughly 15 people). Our waitress and what I assume is the manager tended to them and completely ignored us the rest of the way. We got no refills on drinks, even though as the waitress walked be she said she'll bring them right out.

Now I know a big group is important to take care of but not at the expense of customers already eating.

The food was pretty good and as I said she was nice, but work on tending to all customers not just the ones who will leave the bigger tip.

1  Thank Justin G
Birgit S, Owner at Bragg's Korner Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello Justin!
Thank you for your review!
I was able to follow up with my staff and will be putting better procedures in to place for when we get large crowds like we did during your visit.
We sincerely hope to see you again and will be better prepared next time!
Thank you for your feedback and giving us a chance to improve!

Reviewed 14 June 2018

We had a lovely chilli here served by very friendly staff, the service was great, food was very enjoyable & the right amount, not huge platefuls where you can’t eat it all, but enough to fill full. So we sat inside in a bright airy, very clean & tastefully decorated room in the cool, although they do have a seating area outside to sit and enjoy the sunshine. Good menu at very reasonable prices.

Hello and thank you for your review!
I am happy to hear you enjoyed our food and atmosphere her at Bragg's Korner Kitchen!
Hopefully next time you will get a chance to enjoy our beautiful patio!
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I devoured the Hungarian Goulash and my wife had the Schnitzel with spatzel. Sorry, no burger this time, but you totally can get that if you want! Baby bok choy as part of the side and finished the night with Apple strudel and chocolate mousse. Patio has lots of room with beer on tap for me. Travelling back from K country? Stop in for dinner on the way. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Jason C

Hello Jason,
Thank you so much for your review!
Sorry about the late response, we are happy to hear you had a great experience with us!
See you again soon!

Reviewed 9 May 2018

We visited this restaurant on the evening of the 8th May having read the reviews on this site. I was looking forward to a great burger as I was in the mood for a good old fashioned burger. We sat outside just before 7pm. We ordered coffee around 7:05 then placed our order of two burgers an a pizza. The coffee arrived around 7:15. We waited and drank our coffee. Around 7:30 my wife asked the waitress how long will the food be. He reaction was less than favourable with an expression of 'who do you think you are asking how long our food will be'. We had ordered a simple burger and pizza not a gourmet meal. 7:40pm came and went along with a coffee refill. Eventually at 7:45pm, I had had enough. There was no sign of our food. The waitress brought us some kind of bread type snack and apologised for the wait and said the pizza was delayed to the oven being full due to take outs. Ever heard of balancing your orders? A couple of minutes past I decided that was it. We got up, I said we had waited nearly 45 minutes and that we had had enough. The waitress said the food is nearly ready, too late, too long sorry, not waiting any longer. When I said I will pay for the coffee she did not like it and said I was rude. Well, we are the ones paying for the food, paying for a service, nothing rude about getting irritated about waiting this long. From her response, I said, ok, we are not paying for the coffee either and left.
Best advice to this place, the waitress should have advised the kitchen how long we had been waiting and balnced the cooking of pizzas between in house orders and take outs. 20 minutes is considered to be an average wait time, 30minutes is pushing it.
Cannot comment about the food, but we had a bad feeling that the burgers would have been kept warm for a while whlist the pizza was being cooked and would have arrive less than hot.
To the owner, you need to organise your kitchen and balance the orders and train your staff. It is very easy for a restaurant to lose customers in a short space of time, it takes months to get them back.
We will not be visiting this establishment again. One last point, it is food standards that the tables are cleaned before the next set of customers sit down. The table was dirty and dusty and had dead flies on it.

3  Thank CARL A

Hello!
Thank you very much for leaving such a detailed review. I have followed up with the staff and brought forward your concerns.
We hope to see you back for another visit and get a chance to show you our improvements!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 29 April 2018

If you haven’t been to Bragg Creek in awhile, make the drive to this lovely restaurant. The food and service is excellent! There is a wonderful patio with shade and sun options to sit at.

1  Thank 717daled

Hello and thanks so much for your review!
Sorry about the late reply, we are happy to hear you are pleased with our food and service! I will pass the compliment on to the staff!