“Sub Par Service”
Review of Powderhorn Saloon

Powderhorn Saloon
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Bragg Creek
Reviewed 15 August 2017

We should have read Trip Advisor reviews before going to the Powderhorn. We had out of province guests, touring them around Elbow Falls and decided to have lunch in Bragg Creek. Once seated, it took a few minutes before we saw a server. Drinks were brought, food order taken......over 45 minutes later we got our food. During that time, patrons came in, and were served there food before us. When we asked our server "ah, what the heck, where's our food?", excuses poured out. Our server said, "oh, it's been over 30 minutes, hasn't it." Then we got, It's coming, they're plating it now. We believe the server forgot to punch our order into the system. Eventually our food came and we were given a percentage off our bill. The food was good, loved the French fries, but service is key these days. Probably won't return to that pub.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Bragg Creek and it's Western setting is perfect for this wonderful saloon that shouts Yahoo! Staff here are friendly and the food is plentiful and tasty (if you like cowboy chow that is!)

It can get busy in the summer months.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

After reading decent reviews about the Powderhorn Saloon, my Dad and I decided to stop for some pub grub to eat along our travels - As my Dad was craving a burger and fries. The restaurant wasn't busy - A few tables with probably 4 servers working that afternoon. The servers were extremely disorganized - We were asked by 3 different ones for our drink order. My Dad decided to order the Powderhorn burger which stated on the menu it came with cheddar cheese and mushroom, I had ordered the chicken fingers and fries. When our food arrived - The burger came with a Kraft Singles cheese slice on it - Definitely not cheddar cheese, plastic at most and canned mushrooms. Not worth the $16 they were charging for it. My chicken fingers were most definitely over fried to the point of them almost being rock hard - I don't know how you manage to screw up chicken fingers, but they did. Our fries were also over done - To the point of being slightly burnt. Our server came to check on us once, leaving us hanging for when we needed drink refills to help us get down the disappointing food we were served. By the end of our meal, we were sitting around waiting for the server to come back with our bill - Eventually I had to get up and go find her to pay, just so we could leave. Very disappointed with our service and food - Will not be returning any time soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped at the Powderhorn Saloon for a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon. Restaurant was not overly busy and noticed there were 4 servers on duty. Was both surprised & disappointed that I had to wait 15 minutes before a server even acknowledged me. Witnessed several other patrons get up from their seats and retrieve menus on there own instead of waiting for a staff member to provide them. Server finally came over to my table to ask if I wanted a beverage. I quickly decided that given the slow & unattentive service, I had better order both beverage & meal at the same time. While waiting for my meal, I saw a couple leave without placing an order presumably due to the same slow service. When finally served, both the food & beverage were tasty and delicious! Sadly the poor service with my server continued when I received my bill, as I had been charged incorrectly. When the mistake was pointed out, she was quick to apologize but did not make any attempt or offer to correct the mistake until I asked her to do so. Disappointed that service has deteriorated to its current level. Will likely be awhile before I am willing to visit this establishment again.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Always a great time at the Horn! Great food and great service, just don't let the locals scare you away!