“Avoid this hotel”
Review of Frobisher Inn

Frobisher Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Iqaluit
Reviewed 3 May 2017

When we arrived the bed was unmade and the sheets were stained. The next day we were out for the morning and when we returned the towels had been changed but the bed had not been changed nor had the garbage been removed. I informed the front desk of this and they said they would see to it. When we returned nothing had been done. We called the front desk again and they sent up sopmeone to change the bed. When she was done and had left we had to make the bed once again. Also, the non functioning light which we had reported had not been fixed.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear BB ,

Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback. I'm sorry to hear the room service did not meet your expectations. I have personally addressed this with our housekeeping department supervisor and staff member to ensure that our service standards are observed at all times . Please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience gm@frobisherinn.com so that we can constructively discuss this issue further. Look forward to meeting your expectations.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Everything you need inside. No need to leave, there is a store, movie theater, restaurant, fitness center, conference rooms, excellent food, nice clean rooms. Internet a bit slow and restaurant service also s bit slow during peak times but staff friendly and helpful.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Spent 3 nights at tbe Frob when in Iqaluit for business. The room was clean and the front desk staff was great. I used the fitness centre and ate at the restaurant - no complaints. The wifi barely worked but that is a Nunavut wide issue and nothing to do with the hotel. Will stay here again next time.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
GMFrobisherInn, General Manager at Frobisher Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Dear Andre,

Thank you for your very gracious compliment on our Hotel and facilities. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

This is my go to hotel in Iqaluit. I have always found the staff very friendly and always willing to help. The recent renovations to the dining room are a great addition and the menu for all meals is excellent.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Yvan,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the lovely compliment to our staff ,facilities and new menu. It is always a pleasure to hear that our guest's experience is a positive one. Look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

The rooms themselves are comfortable and well kept. I get too warm but they have fans available. I have been up a few times now and always stay here because the staff are very kind and somehow always seem to remember everyone's names.

I am thrilled with the restaurant on site - I've been elsewhere but I'm done trying other places for dinner as this is the best place. Great variety and the sides are ordered separately which is nice as I enjoy having a choice. The fries are house cut! Try the beef dip with mushrooms instead of onions - nice alternative.

There are many stars here - let me start with Steve - we have had catering done in past trips - Steve is on top of everything! Goes beyond any expectation! Every trip up here he is so helpful and kind.

Colleen at the front desk not only is she kind and professional but stick around she can sing!!!!!! No really like really sing!

All of the staff in the dining room- behind helpful! Doug will keep you laughing - I like that. Great staff here!

Don't waste your time going anywhere else.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review on our team, facilities and management.
Look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit .

Kind Regards,

Been to Frobisher Inn? Share your experiences!