US$84
US$81
All reviewstour groupqueen charlottehaida gwaiia great staysleepbalconyboxesislandcaliforniatub
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on two separate occasions while awaiting our tour to Sgang Gwaii. We booked the family room, which housed all four of us comfortably. After camping for five straight days, it was a relief to have a shower, although all hotels have showers, so I digress.

Parking was not an issue for us. I've seen other reviews on this hotel that mention parking, but we had no difficulties.

We did do some laundry while staying at the motel, and the washer & dryer probably need replacing, as they are really slow.

I also received a message from them when I got home that I'd left some items in my room, and when I called them back, there was nothing found, which was strange...

The motel is in a central location in QCC, nearby grocery stores and restaurants and tourist information centre, so it was convenient for us. We had minimal walking to do in the pouring rain.

We ate a meal in the restaurant and found the portions quite small for the prices charged. The OV restaurant down the road was a better meal for cheaper cost.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

I was supposed to stay Monday June 26 to Thursday June 29, 2017. First night was ok even tho it has a smell. Second night, not so much!! About 8:00pm there was a knock on the door and all of a sudden a man used a key and opened the door and looked surprised I was there! He asked if I wanted coffee? I said No and asked him to leave! After the shock settled I phoned the RCMP with no action yet.
I called the front desk and asked for the manager. He said he was and informed him about what happened he said "that was the owner and he can do what he wants"
I packed my things and left in fear of my safety!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
5  Thank goldieswanson
SeaRavenManager, General Manager at Sea Raven Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Reviewer.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback
please accept our apologies for not living up to your expectations.
Unfortunately, there were some misunderstanding. Can you please contact me directly. I will leave my cell number for you to contact. I’d like to discuss this offline. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable motel experience during your travels. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value your feedback and always strive to deliver top-notch service to all of our guests as our owner cleans rooms. I, myself have over 7 years of hotel manager experience, strive to deliver top-notch service to anyone who visits our motel in Queen Charlotte Islands. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate owner member to ensure that this was never happened.
Please feel free to contact me directly.

Best Regards,

Jin Lee
T: 250-559-4423 (M-S 24/7 7 days a week)
C: 780-977-0500 (M-S 24/7 7 days a week)
searaven@qcislands.net
jinlee5082@gmail.com

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Quality accommodation with spectacular views. Centrally located to the heart of Queen Charlotte business district. This is a well-maintained motel offering comfortable lodging and modest pricing in a picturesque setting in Haida Gwaii. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I would certainly stay here again and would highly recommend this motel.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side offer spectacular views.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
SeaRavenMotel, Front Office Manager at Sea Raven Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is great that you enjoyed the view. I hope we can see you again too! Thank you for the feedback again and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Stayed two nights here while I was up in Queen Charlotte City for about a half day of work. The rooms are small but comfortable and the staff the run the motel are really nice and helpful. The motel is situated just across from the water so there are great views from a few of the rooms. The beds are unreal comfortable; I probably have never had such a good sleep on a business trip. Would definitely come back! Kamsahamnida to the owners!

Room Tip: Only the kitchenettes have microwaves
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Chase L

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is great that you had a good time here and enjoy the view. Hope you found everything good and I hope we can see you again. Kamsahamnida to you too! Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Dated. Room smelled musty if windows closed. Kitchenette very basic, with old single burner hot plate and microwave. Fridge was dripping water, sink slowly drains. Bathroom hook installed upside down, so towel/clothes fall off. For added enjoyment spiders and cobwebs. On the positive - friendly staff, fresh towels and beds made daily.

Stayed: September 2016
SeaRavenManager, Manager at Sea Raven Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Hello.
Thank you for staying with us. I apologize about the inconvience.
We bought this place recently and still renovating. We are slowly trying to get rid of that musty smell by changing the carpet and renovating. The fridge was dripping water because the door was not close well. We change the fridge and fix the sink. Sorry about the hook. After the painter painted the rooms, she put the hook upside down. We put the hook as it should be. Thank you for letting us know.
We are trying to make spiders go away and we applied the spray but it keeps coming back. Since we have forest behind the building, there are lots of spiders here. Sorry about any inconvenience.
We will try our best to make our hotel better. Thank you for the comment. Have a great day :)