“Disappointed”
Review of The Regent

The Regent
Cuisines: British
Description: Originally a cinema, The Regent is a pleasant local with light interiors, numerous TV screens with BT & Sky Sports coverage, and a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. Popular with students and busy over the weekend, this is your go to for a good time in Walton-On-Thames
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Frequent this pub often.As in my previous review not as good as when it was run by Wetherspoons.Ran out of beef after placing the order which was fine as then opted for the fish n chips which was disappointing.Good selection of ales but food needs looking into...

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We stopped for a light lunch at The Regent on our way through Walton; we ate supper that day at The Ashley Park Inn which was more expensive, but, perhaps, the extra may have been worth it.
The Regent (before 12 noon) seemed to be very noisy, and somehow didn't quite seem to be clean and fresh as a pub should be at that time of day, even though it wasn't terribly busy - a couple of families having lunch, and some workers coming in.
Our food did arrive promptly, and was perfectly ok, as were the drinks, and the prices were very reasonable.
I wouldn't necessarily avoid it if in the area again but I might consider alternatives.

1  Thank Phil B
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This used to be good which is why I suggested having lunch there. For the last time. No kids pasta, this was at noon, no alcohol free cider, ordering was laborious, I'm nor sure if the bar man was new. So, roast beef was tough and could not be cut with a knife. My fish and chips was a disaster. Fish terribly over cooked, mushy peas watery and chips a mix of cold half cooked and warm nearly cooked. Sent back for a refund which short changed me by £1. Daughter's rare steak was grey on the outside and pink within. She ate about half of it. Kid's Sunday lunch, for the one who couldn't have pasta, turned up as just a plate of veg. They forgot the leek tart for it. A kid soft drink in a plastic bottle cost £2.10. The worst meal we have ever had.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

My family and I had a meal with friends who live in the area. I had fish and chips but they only had cod which was £1 more than what the menu said, the staff member said we don’t have the other on the menu. When I mentioned this to our friend he said this happened to him before.
My wife ordered gammon with egg and pineapple, when this came to the table she didn’t notice it had no pineapple until she was halfway through. My wife called over the staff member who said I’ll let the kitchen know. My wife then said this isn’t good enough we had to pay extra for the fish and chips as you only had that one available and now no pineapple. After he spoke to the manager he said he couldn’t take anything off the bill but could get a side order for free so my wife ordered onion rings. Very average food, staff not very attentive and it wasn’t very busy seeing as it was the hottest day of the year.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

The two meals for just under £8 was good value. We both had the Ham Egg and Chips which was nicely cooked. There seemed to be televisions showing Sky Sports on every wall we counted 11 in total. The pub was rather grubby. The tables had not been wiped and were sticky and the same could be said about the menus.The staff were very slow at clearing the tables once diners had left. It was not the the best Wetherspoons we have visited.

Date of visit: April 2018