“Morning Coffee ”

The Anglers, Walton
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

This old inn has a wonderful situation right on the Thames at Walton Wharf.
I couldn't pass this morning without calling in for a coffee.
Pleasant interior.
The girl on duty was friendly and efficient and my coffee excellent.
I noticed there was a decent selection of beers

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Went in on a cool December afternoon. Picked a window seat and the bar staff cleared the table but didn't wipe it down. A decent pint of Guinness later we decided to order food. Part of the order turned up and.....that was it.

The crab fish cakes were, well, hot but pretty tasteless. My companions scallops were fine but the chicken terrine was OK but nothing special.

The triple cooked chips and autumn leave salad remain a mystery.

Shame but if I was you I'd have a pint, enjoy the view and eat elsewhere.

1  Thank Sarflunden
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I dont often visit places with recent poor reviews but it was Saturday night, we hadn't booked and we needed somewhere to eat. We sat outside in a great location, there is plenty of space and, because of the warm evening, most people were outside. The service was fine and we didn't experience problems ordering etc as others have. We had mostly burgers from the outside hut. The only meal ordered at the bar as Salmon, which was good. All seemed god value for money. There was live entertainment outside, which for me spoilt the peaceful riverside setting but thisi s not a negative as most people enjoyed this.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

So today when I asked for someone to 'take charge' I was given Kyle and Aled (Worst management duo ever) If you are looking for food and drinks thats worth the price and 'affordable' then AVOID! Especially if you have to report to management about their layout and end up with the atrocious pair named above...

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

While the location is nice enough, We were shocked at the poor value for money the menu offered.

In particular the sharing platters: a meat platter meant for sharing was the size of an ordinary plate for one with one scotch egg, three tiny spare ribs, some small pieces of salami, a little terrine and three large pieces of bread. Ok perhaps at £14 not ok at £22. The fish platter felt similarly under endowed and overpriced though the calamari was delicious.

Service was reasonable but overall this felt like a pub sitting on its laurels.