Chez Larbi Ourika(Ourika)(Great Value!)
US$52
Auberge Le Maquis(Ourika)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$49
Kasbah Omar(Ourika)
Kasbah Atfel(Ourika)
  • Breakfast included
Altas Secret(Ourika)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsourika valleyvegetable gardenberber omelettemonday markethigh atlashour trekberber villagepool suiteget away from it allr rgardens are beautifulcamel ridemarrakech airportlovely poolprivate terracereception areastayed longer
Reviewed 22 July 2010

PLEASE NOTE: I RATE THIS HOTEL AS EXCELLENT BUT CANNOT ADJUST THE RATINGS _ IGNORE THEM! (seems to be a fault on tripadvisor)
I have just spent 4 days in this beautiful hotel. Situated in the Atlas mountains, it is the perfect place to escape and relax. The hotel designers have carefully considered every detail, right down to the choice of softest leather on the seats. It has what I would describe as a 'rustic chic' charm - I loved it. The food was fantastic. The staff are extremely friendly. I look forward to returning to Kasbah Bab Ourika one day. If I had one very small gripe... the price of the drinks was varied but a small can of beer at 60 dh is quite pricey, about £9 a pint, we perhaps should have checked the prices before indulging - but otherwise the hotel visit was worth every penny.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We stayed at Kasbah Bab Ourika for 2 nights and loved it. The views are spectacular and the staff were excellent and helpful. It's a great place to get away from it all (no TV or internet) and there are lots of areas in and around the Kasbah to relax. Food was reasonable but expensive. The only downside is that the rooms are not air conditioned but they are in the process of installing ceiling fans.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I booked this hotel as part of a trip which encompassed the high atlas, Ouarzazate and Marrakech. We stayed 4 nights at Bab Ourika to wind down before journeying on to Ouarzazate over the mountains.

Bab Ourika is in a stunning location. It is perched on top of a hill overlooking the Ourika valley with 360 degree panoramic views (I recommend going onto the roof terrace for some pics). There is a Berber village just down the road which is interesting for a walk (take sweets for the children). Mohammed, the guide organises several treks you can go on which take in villages, the river or the spice gardens. Veronique and her staff are all stars! They are so helpful, homourous and kind. You will feel pampered!

The poolside is lovely, with plenty of loungers and shade. There are even hats dotted around that you can borrow if the sun gets too much. The Pool is cool, but not bone chilling and there are gardens you can wander in where there are more seats. The only downside for me was that there was no hamam, but one is underway so maybe next year.

Bab Ourika is a stylish boutique hotel with an intimate and romantic atmosphere. In the evening you can eat in the courtyard, inside or on the terrace. They alternate depending on the weather. Lanterns are lit for the evening meal - very romantic and atmospheric.

We had a superior room which had a balcony with a stunning view but it was too hot to use during the day and there are so many lounging areas around the Kasbah you really don't need a balcony. There was no aircon, only a ceiling fan which we couldn't use because it squeaked and would have kept us awake all night. However the dogs did a pretty good job of that!

There are dogs that run around barking and howling at night. We had no bad encounters with them - they come nowhere near the hotel. Perhaps we were on the wrong side of the hotel, but they seemed to love running around in the valley making a lot of noise! After the first night my ears got used to them and I slept through, but my husband didn't get a full night's sleep the whole stay. Not just the dogs but the heat and lack of cool air in the room.

That said, we had a lovely stay and wished that we had more time to return at the end of our road trip to relax before returning to the UK. Give Bab Ourika a try - I'm sure you'll love it!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2010

An incredible experience. Perched high above surrounding Berber villages, Bab Ourika has unsurpassed views and a sense of serenity that is hard to find. The grounds and pool are beautifully kept and dinner out on the terrace or in the inner courtyard is sublime. The food is excellent and so is the service. The rooms are large with huge bathrooms. Ask for a room on an upper floor - the views are spectacular. The hotel's guide, Mohammed (he is fluent in 4 languages and is delightful and knowledgeable), can take you on numerous hikes around the area - our favorite was a 4 hour hike into the national "park" that included a donkey and lunch. It is fascinating to see life in the surrounding Berber Villages.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank PearlNyc
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The view from the kasbah absolutely blew my socks off. 2 of my friends and I decided to stay here for 2 nights, up in the mountaints and just relax and catch up because we haven't seen one another in a while and boy were we glad we booked this place.

We also really loved the fact that it is an eco-friendly establishment. where the water is recycled into the garden and an innovative method is used to supply electricity not leaving the villages below disadvantaged.

The size of our room was like an apartment, huge bathroom, a lot of space; spectacular view (oh my god the view!!) I was expressing to one of my friends, even if we take a thousand pictures of this place, nothing will be able to capture its true essence

I liked the fact that during mealtimes, they changed the venue from the veranda to the terrace to the patio which made it interesting especially when 3 of us found ourselves amidst romantic settings with candle lights and rose petals everywhere.

apart from the view, we thoroughly enjoyed the hearty meals, prepared in gourmet style.

During the day, we swam and watched dvds in the plush cinema room and read books and magazines. During the night; we sat outside and enjoyed a nightcap by the panoramic view. It is just very peaceful. if you are sick of the hustle and bustle of work life in the city and want a place to retire and just relax in, this is the perfect sanctuary.

Make sure you bring your bathers, and be adventurous and leave the kasbah to explore the surrounding territories ourika valley, setti fatma etc. or even a 3 to 4 hour ride to asni if you want to maximize the experience (we already spent a few days in marrakech prior and had no intention of exploring it further)

but I suspect you won't feek like leaving your kasbah at all..........like us

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends