“Surprisingly good”

The Beach Hut
Ranked #33 of 80 Restaurants in Powell River
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Reviewed 20 August 2018

It's a small unpretentious hut by the highway and the beach but it churns out great fish and chips, dogs, ice cream etc. Perfect to pull over and enjoy some nourishment before heading out into the waves again or enjoying the stroll to the mill.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

It's just a little shack on Willingdon Beach, but the fish and chips are very good. It's kind of expensive (but that's the state of our oceans these days). Kind of expensive for counter service. They are super friendly behind the counter and will readily tell you what is freshest.

We grabbed our food and sat down by the water watching the gorgeous Pacific lapping at Willingdon. It was a fairly quiet night, but some nights it does get quite busy.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Good sandwiches/paninis and treats. We were there on a weekend and it was very busy. I had a ham and brie panini and it was very good , service was good as well.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Huge portions is the only positive. Quite expensive for a "chip truck". We paid $23 for a 2 piece Halibut and chips. Was cheaper to eat at Coastal Cookery (and significantly nicer). I would search elsewhere.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We heard they had great fish & chips so went to see for ourselves.

It was a warm evening so it was busy and people were lined up to order & sitting at the tables waiting for orders. Right away I notice no menus, but people in front of me are ordering so I figure there must be one at the counter. I wait 10 minutes only to be told they arent serving anymore food, because they were supposed to be closed an hour ago. Guy in back is frying up a storm, fish and chips going out the next window... Where I come from you make hay while the sun shines. They really must not need my families custom, and I certainly don't want to support this type of venture.