“Great couples getaway” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Seattle
“Great couples getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I absoutlely loved this resort. The rooms were beautiful with spectacular views of the bay and marina. The hot tub was clean (yay - I'm very picky about this) and perfect temp at 102. I loved the balcony to just sit and relax with a drink. The entire stay was wonderful. I had a relaxation massage and it was very good and throughout the entire resort every staff member was a pleasure to encounter. Very nice, welcoming and helpful. The manger, he is featured in the videos, is very kind. He was even nice when I had my glass with me out at the hot tub. I assured him I would not break it and I didn't! Great spot, talked with locals who moore their boat year-round and really enjoyed the pub too. We had an easy light dinner of prawn pizza and ceasar salad and it was perfect! The next morning we ate at the Seagrille and it was delicious! Very good food and presentation. Excellent service, I highly recommend this resort, spa and restaurant.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for this wonderful review and I am delighted to see the perfect score too! I have passed on your compliments to the Marina Manager, Mathew, and shared this with the rest of the team. It is our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity so I am happy we achieved this in your experience. I hope to welcome you back as our guests in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Vancouver Island, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My husband wanted to take me somewhere special for the big 60. I wasn't sure until we got there and I started to relax immediately. The high ceiling suite was so beautiful, with a fireplace, jaccuzzi tub with peak-a-boo window and candles ready to light. We even managed a drink of wine on our deck before the rains came! We had reserved a table at the restaurant and were not disappointed. Great service, excellent food, especially my husband's seafood rissotto. The hotel sent some chocolate truffles to our room for my birthday! The next day we enjoyed the heated swimming pool and hot tub outdoors (even in the rain storm). The cost included breakfast and it was huge. My favorite was the seafood benny. They even provided gluetin free bread. The whole experience was super (except the pub was a bit of a disappointment with my soup being OK and my husband's fish and chips cold. (They did replace the chips upon request.) We would definitely return and enjoy the main restaurant and the sushi bar. A very special experience to be remembered.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor have a high ceiling and the lower rooms have more space.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy birthday to you Mickey1952! I am delighted that you attained the respite you needed and that you brought back some special memories of this milestone occasion. We will look forward to your return.
victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

From just sitting outside with sun shining upon your face, while listening to the wind in the trees, and as eagles soar above the bay.A place great place to just get away,and relax. The meals in both the Seagrille and the Pub were great and the staff throughout all the resort were excellent.See you all next year on The Dine Around Stay In Town,thanks again for another great weekend.

The Andersons

1 Thank VictoriaLaxman
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
What a beautiful description of your experience! Thank you for sharing it. I hope that feeling of relaxation lasted well into the work week. I will look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again next year. Until then!
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Wow - it sounds like reviewer Poohbe88 did even better than we did... We stayed on the $129 Dine Around/Stay in Town deal for the $199 per night Ocean Suite. We had done the same 5 years ago to celebrate our 30th anniversary and enjoyed it just as much this time around celebrating our 35th (... though, no truffles for us)

The location is wonderful for outdoor enthusiasts who also enjoy some more luxurious accommodations. Kayaking, extensive hiking and the world famous Butchart Gardens right at your doorstep. Close to ferries and the airport and not a far drive into Victoria.

Our room was (again) on the top floor, which we like because of the vaulted ceilings and beautiful views. Overall, warm and inviting with a lovely gas fireplace and comfy chairs in the corner. Furnishings are elegantly minimalist in design, which we also like. The bed was very comfortable as well (though the mattress seemed to have some kind of squeaky covering...)

Gorgeous bathroom design with candles around the tub and an abundance of fluffy towels (see Poohbe88's review - we agree about the toilet). We didn't discover the radiant heating for the floor until we were about to leave - too bad!

Overall, the service was exceptional. Highly professional and yet very warm and friendly.

We had dinner at the Sea Grille (the Dine Around menu). Again, service was stellar and we very much appreciated that the food was served good and hot to the table! Everything was prepared very nicely, beautifully presented and tasted fresh and healthy. Generous sized portions, too. Highlights were the Squash soup and the Green Tea Creme Brulee. I personally felt that the vegetables and sides served could have been more flavourful. My only real complaint, though, was the coffee (also in the room). That could definitely be improved.

The weather was as one might expect here in February, which made it even that much more inviting to retreat indoors.

Room Tip: The "standard" Ocean Suites on the top floor have nice vaulted ceilings. I haven't se...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ricki-in-BC
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Greetings Ricki-in-BC! Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. Victoria’s annual Dine Around and Stay in Town event is indeed a wonderful opportunity for locals to explore the many fabulous restaurants and hotels in their own city. I am thrilled that you were able to take advantage of this opportunity and I would say the timing with your wedding anniversary couldn’t be better! Your compliments on our level of service mean a lot to us and I will be sure that the team has the opportunity to read your review. Thank you for your repeated patronage of our resort. I hope we have the opportunity to share in your 40th anniversary celebration as well!
Stanwood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

After MANY hours of research and deal searching we decided on Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa for our three day Victoria anniversary trip. (I found an amazing deal online for $99 a night for the $199 per night Ocean Suite)

The location of the resort is a bit far from Victoria, but we also wanted to explore the surrounding area, so the location worked well for us.

We caught an early ferry and arrived at the resort around Noon, well before the check-in time of 3pm, but were told our room was ready and led us to room #302.

The room was simple but elegant with a very comfortable king size bed, gas fireplace with two chairs and leather ottoman.

The bathroom had a separate stone accented shower stall, a deep Jacuzzi tub and radiant heated floors. The toilet was located behind it's own door, but we found this area to be a bit small and cramped, but that was about our only complaint about this room.

After our first day of sightseeing we returned to our room to find a card from the Guest Services congratulating us on our 10th wedding anniversary along with the most wonderful truffles we have ever had. A very nice and welcoming touch.

We did not eat at the Sea Grille, but did have two evening meals at their Pub. Both times the food was great and the staff was very friendly. (My husband loved the Halibut fish and chips so much he ordered them both times)

Overall, we had an amazing time and have already talked about returning someday.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Poohbe88
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thank you for your review. I am delighted to find that we helped make your 10th anniversary wonderful and I trust you returned home with some cherished memories of this special occasion. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Central Saanich
#1 of 52 in Victoria
The Fairmont Empress
#19 of 52 in Victoria
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,423 reviews

Been to Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!