The Priory Hotel
Merton Hotel(Hereford)
  • Restaurant
Castle House(Hereford)
  • Pool
All reviewsexclusive usepeaceful settingfollowing morningnice place to stayfriendly ownerswarm welcomeafternoon teabusiness tripcomfortable bedfull english breakfastnight stayfresh milkchris chrisweddingvenuewakecountryside
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I booked the priory a little last minute and wasn't expecting anything special, however when I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. Nice room, not overly expensive bar, really friendly staff, beautiful setting. All in all I would say it's one of the best hotels I've stayed in for a while.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
HerefordshireOwner, Manager at The Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five star review, we have a very quiet location down a country lane but only 10 mins out of the city centre. As a small independent hotel we aim to offer friendly service with attention to details. All our rooms are of a good size and well furnished, offering a comfortable unfussy stay. We would be very happy to look after you again when in Herefordshire.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

The hotel owner was extremely welcoming and friendly, the hotel was comfortable and clean and the food, although only a small menu, was very nice and well priced. Only a small way out of town but as a regular traveller who is away usually at least one night a week and who has stayed in Hereford several times before I would be more than happy to return to the Priory.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The perfect setting for my dads funeral tea and he would have loved it!
Mum and I decided what we wanted and Chris was very helpful in making sure it was.
Delicious sandwiches freshly made and gorgeous cake....wish I could have had more than two pieces of the coffee and walnut! Tea and coffee was plentiful and the food just kept coming.
Thank you Chris and all your staff for making the occasion so pleasant in sad circumstances.
We all totally recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
HerefordshireOwner, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a 5* review.
We aim to be sympathetic to our guests needs and provide a quiet and private setting for all occasions.
Please consider using us in the future for a happier gathering; making a request for coffee and walnut cake :)
Many thanks,
Chris & Chris

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The room was very small. The windows would not stay open. I had to prop the window open with a pot. My mother had a fall on raised slabs on the patio area, she cut her head and is badly bruised. I went and asked for some ice and a first aid kit and was told that they did not have one.

Room Tip: Poor disabled access
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ceri B

Dear Ceri
I'm sorry you felt the need to leave us a 1* review. Let me cover all the points you make:
The room you stayed in was selected for you by your son and daughter-in-law. We have a selection of size rooms; our smaller rooms, outside of an all inclusive package, are our best budget rooms.
It was an unfortunate incident that your elderly mother took a stumble outside. Your son said that no-one really saw what happened due to the fact it was early evening and most people had been drinking all day.
At the time, we attended to your family to the best of our ability, calling an ambulance to make an assessment, one of our members of staff (first aid trained and works in the health industry) stayed with her the whole time. We provided ice immediately and were correct in our statement that we could not provide a first aid kit, due to both allergies and the 'Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 does not require us to.
The ambulance crew discharged your mother without further medical assistance being required and recommended the bruising would be the only outcome.

We are so pleased the Kim & Ben enjoyed their day. In fact they left us the following review:
"Cannot thank Chris and her team enough for our fantastic wedding day and stay . Chris goes that extra mile to make everything run smoothly and be as stress free as possible . We stayed in a luxury four post bed, and breakfast was beautiful. Nothing was too much trouble we truly had a day to remember.
Kindest regards The Busby's xx"

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 1 evening for my husband's birthday. Nothing was too much trouble and I was able to arrange a lovely cream tea in the afternoon as a treat.
The room was very spacious and clean and we had a great evening meal.
I would highly recommend if you want a bit of piece and quiet, close to Hereford.
I hope to return when we have more time.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HerefordshireOwner, Owner at The Priory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay for your husband's birthday and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kind regards,