“Loved it... Best burger I've ever eaten... I've eaten many!!”
Review of Asado

Asado
Ranked #398 of 1,795 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed 12 September 2017

Me and my wife paid a visit to this little gem of a place a couple of weeks after it opened. Loved the whole experience, loved the food, the staff, the interior and most of all the food! I cannot express how happy I was with the burger, I wish every burger was a great as this one! In fact I wish there was an Asado in Leicester! Next month me and the wife are going to south Wales and already plan to visit Bristol again just for a burger on route!!! Thanks for the awesome experience!

3  Thank Simon C

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Went with some friends when I was visiting them in bristol. I can say this burger is the best I have had. I live in London where we have thousands of burger restaurants so was not expecting anything new I'm bristol. But when I tried that smoked flavour on the meat it is so damn good. You won't regret coming here if your looking for great food. A great atmosphere and some friendly staff. Was a buzzing place

3  Thank James H
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We went to Asado early evening on Wednesday, thinking we were lucky to get a table before the evening rush. I had high expectations after all the hype around the burgers here and had been tempted by the burnt peach daquiri on the drinks menu.

Unfortunately when we were eventually served and tried to order, we were informed that pretty much everything we wanted was unavailable - neither of the special cocktails were available, nor the special lamb burger, or even courgette fritters. The waiter, who was on his second shift, agreed to fetch the manager on my suggestion that they might want to consider putting our first drinks on the house.

The interaction with the manager was laughable. Instead of just apologising for the lack of, well, most items on the menu, he launched into a spiel including the following strategies: emphasise how great Asado is by criticising another restaurant chain, emphasise the deliciousness of all the food that we were unable to have that evening, tell us that it would be available the next day so we should come in again then. Unsurprisingly, this left us feeling irritated rather than appeased.

Interestingly during this spiel he also commented that the lack of courgette fritters was due to their popularity amongst meat-eaters (actual quote when we confirmed we are not vegetarians: 'See, you're the problem! We don't really get vegetarianism here, but we try and be veggie-friendly').

The chef/owner had offered to give us some chicken wings instead of one of our portions of chips, as a gesture of goodwill, which we politely declined. When the food arrived, we were given wings and only one portion of chips. I pointed this out to the manager who sarcastically replied 'if you want a second chips, order it, and it'll be on the house'. He failed to realise that we had ordered this in the first place, given that chips appeared to be one of the few available menu items.

When this was rectified, we were then told that 'this always happens to one table' - one can only assume this was another poor attempt at apologising. I would respectfully suggest to Asado that if this is a recurring problem, perhaps it would be worth reviewing your ordering system.

The burgers that we did have (buttermilk chicken) were nice enough. However the coleslaw had an unusual tang and tasted vinegary rather than delicious and creamy; the chips were too salty and half the portion consisted of overdone ends. The 'special' gin and tonics - rosemary and lemon shoved in the glass - were okay but again, did not live up to their £12 price tag.

We were really disappointed with our experience at Asado as it didn't live up to either the hype about the food or the reviews here mentioning great customer service. I can stomach a certain amount of hipster pretentiousness, but only if it delivers on the actual product and unfortunately on this occasion, Asado didn't. There are a plethora of fancy burger restaurants in Bristol and we didn't experience anything that would tempt us back to Asado.

3  Thank NoMiraclesHere
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The title says it all really, lovely looking place, nice atmos, ok food. The chicken burger was fine, coleslaw was very disappointing.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Firstly, I'm no burger connoisseur but was keen on trying this place out. The decor and staff were great and I like the simplicity of the menu. I found the food to be good but it really wasn't special enough for a repeat visit. I was expecting a barbecued or smokehouse taste on the meat but it has neither. This just made it just another burger rather than something I couldn't just make at home. The fries were top notch though.

1  Thank Ian H