“Really lovely meal”
Review of The Florist

The Florist
Ranked #341 of 1,851 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Description: The Florist believes in the fundamental principles of floristry, to charm each of the senses. Step into a sensory world and discover an arrangement of culinary delights, fragrant cocktails, daily beats and nightly DJs…
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Went for a meal work friends and my 11 year old son - had seen mixed reviews so wasn't sure what to expect but I'm very glad we decided to visit. Staff were super friendly and welcoming, really helpful. Our waiter was Alex, he was great and looked after us all really well and was great with my son too. Food was GREAT, we all tried different things and everyone was really happy with their choices, we tried each others food and nothing negative to say. My son had the children's menu and it was really food value, the chocolate pot and marshmallow pudding was awesome (can an adults version be made please - we were all jealous). Venue is beautiful, i'm looking forward to more visits!

Matt T, Manager at The Florist, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hello rhiannonduffield,

This is a positive review, thank you!!
Alex is a star waiter and has been getting lots of positive feedback, so I'm sure he'll be over the moon with this!
So nice to read that your 11 yr old son enjoyed it too!! (The kids beach desert is a favourite of mine too!!)

Thank you again for your lovely words.
See you soon

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Pretty little restaurant. Food was absolutely delicious (the cola and ginger pork was incredible), and for food alone the rating would have been 5! However, the service was so awful we probably won't be back. The waitress couldn't be seen half the time we were there, when she was there she walked past us several times even though we were clearly done, took ages to serve us, and I don't think we saw a single smile the whole time we were there. Shame as the Chef did such a good job! X

1  Thank Natalie B
Matt T, Manager at The Florist, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi Natalie B,

This makes for an interesting read, are you able to send us some more information so that we can ensure this doesn't happen again? If you could send it to jenhaslam@theflorist.uk.com we would be very appreciative. We are proud of our restaurant and want all our guest to leave feeling positive and full! I can ensure you that we are always in development and things like this are not over sighted.

I look forward to your response and hopefully we can welcome you back again.

See you soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

I did look at the reviews before book and was, I confess, in two minds as there were some really stinkers. I'm glad I persisted as this is a really nice place - situated
over four floors with a ground floor bar. We ate on the top floor which has great views over the city.

Previous reviews have been critical of the levels of service which were contracted by our experience. From the delightful and friendly receptionist to our waiter, Alex, I was impressed with the attitude and their ability to combine friendliness with professionalism - very much the mark of well trained and motivated staff.

There's a great cocktail menu and a small but interesting wine list (well there would be in Bristol, woudn't there?). We had a very nice organic prosecco from the Veneto.

The menu was an interesting take on fusion and combination dishes. I had a very nice baed camembert which was topped with pistachio nuts and granola and served with assorted crudities - quite delicious. My companion had the ramen with miso broth which was also delicious. For a main course we both had what was described as a chicken kebab but was actually chicken sashlick - served on the skewer with mushroom and peppers. This was served with quote nice chips with a harissa option and various dips. The chicken had been very well marinaded but possibly it might have been better with rice and a cucumber and yoghurt dip.

Smallish dessert choice - the cheesecake was reportedly good and my elderflower, meringue and caramelised peaches was very good without being over sweetened.

A very nice dinner in a lovely location. Highly recommended.

Hi Stewart K,

This is a thorough and wonderful read, it shows that we are moving in the right direction! Alex is new to our team and is very much liked and motivating for the team, so it's nice to read it's being noticed, I have passed your comments on to him and he is over the moon.

My favourite dish is the camembert too, it is SO tasty and a great starter without feeling too guilty!
I have also passed on your comments to HO regarding lighter sides for the kebabs, our menu is always evolving and so it's nice to put forward ideas.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon, and thank you for the recommendations!!

All the best

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I went here this evening with two friends and we had a great time. We didn’t have long so we just had mains of fish, chicken and a chicken skewer, all with fries.
Our waiter Alex was bright, attentive and helpful with suggesting things from the menu and is a real asset to the place.
Well done guys!

Hi Western1947,

I have passed your comments on to Alex and he is delighted. He is new to our team and you are right a brilliant asset!!
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it is lovely to read that our hard work goes a long way!

Hopefully next time you visit you have longer to enjoy more of our menu!

See you soon,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is so pretty. I’ve eaten in the restaurant and had drinks in the bar or separate occasions and both were brilliant.

The florist is a quaint restaurant serving quirky dishes and fancy cocktails, the food was delightful and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Surprisingly the restaurant is not too expensive either!

The bar downstairs is very cool and so are the cocktails! Make sure you try as many as you can. If you get bored of the bar downstairs be sure to go upstairs and check out the famous flower wall which people who use Instagram will be aware of. Upstairs the atmosphere is nicer and chilled out, I loved it.

I will definitely be visiting again soon!

Hi Lydia B,

Wow, what a wonderful read, thank you!!
I love our atmosphere towards the weekend, from Thursday to Saturday we have a live DJ and saxophonist in the upstairs bar and it is just phenomenal!
Great start to your night out, again thank you for your kind words and we can't wait to welcome you back!!

All the best