“One of my favourite!”

Ranked #675 of 1,674 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled at the top of Clifton Village, No. 4 is a real gem. Intimate, welcoming and proud to be fully licensed for wedding ceremonies. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with fantastic dining experiences in the classic setting of a Georgian town house. We are fully set up for meetings and conferences and our enclosed private garden at the rear of the venue is perfect in the summer months for Al fresco dining and BBQs / hog roasts. A great addition to a summer wedding or celebration.
Reviewed 29 January 2015 via mobile

I've been to No.4 several times. It's one of my favourite restaurants in Bristol. I went there with a living social voucher at the first time. I was satisfied with the service and food, so I joined the loyalty membership which is 2 for 1 mains.
Since then,I go there very often.
The staff always give us warm welcome and smiles.The food was simply fabulous! I've tried different dishes, they are just impressed me all the time.They change the menu often, so I'm always excited about what they are going to surprise me every single time. The service is very attentive, and the price is decent. The deco and atmosphere of the restaurant is great. I'll definitely recommend to my friends this fantastic restaurant.

1  Thank Sunshinetravell

Reviewed 24 January 2015

I'm totally confused by the negative reviews. We thought the food was delicious, and to be able to use a tastecard on a Saturday night where the food is that good, is almost unheard of! Very cosy little dinning room with good lighting. Really helpful and attentive staff, an absolute gem and I'm looking forward to having my wedding there in June.

2  Thank Elisandave
Reviewed 16 January 2015

We went as we had got a voucher for the place.
Parking - let's be honest, it's Clifton in Bristol, parking is terrible for everyone.
Welcome - We went there for a birthday meal with a voucher. The staff were pleasant and helpful about a wifi code (so we could download our voucher).
Bar area - small and drafty. Could have a good atmoshpere if busy.
Dinning area - plenty of space between the tables. Music in the background. Good lighting.
Food service - Actually quite slow. There was quite a delay between each course.
Food quality - the food was nice, but you could have quite easily done it at home. It also came out cold - maybe because it took so long to come out.
Price - end price ended up being double what we thought with the voucher. The deal sounds good, but it was costly!
In summary - this could be so much more. Overall it was disappointing - which was a real shame as it was a birthday meal. We would not go back again.

2  Thank JonW2013
Reviewed 7 January 2015

where do I start!!!!,booked this as our wedding venue for feb this year and lunged from one disaster to the next.first of all we showed up to our first meeting after booking and paying for the venue in full only to be kept waiting for forty minutes with no offer of refreshments and finally when we see the so called wedding coordinator ,she is unable to answer many questions .not to mention we were denied a events license twice which they need in order to have music.we were told that we could have music until ten oclock only !!!.oh yeah we were also told we could not reserve any parking spaces outside the hotel for the wedding cars to park aswell ,not to mention they neglected to demonstrate how they could seat our numbers 47 even though they can seat upto fifty apparently ,not sure how when they did not own fifty chairs!!.also we were told we would have to pay £70 for use of the restaurant for one hour so we could try and set out a table plan ,even though the restaurant was closed !!!,the constant mess cock ups of info not being dealt with properly ,not to mention the state of the hotel itself!!!.im so glad we managed to find somewhere else ,beware if you are looking to book a wedding here!!!!!. on a final small note of hope ,the chef is fantastic and very accommodating and produces excellent food its a shame about the rest of the establishment.

2  Thank stonedharpics
Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

We booked for probably about 40, staff were instructed prior to not take orders for drinks and just to bring out x amount of wine as the whole thing was going to be paid for by the company, despite this staff cheekily asked everyone for their drinks orders several times at the cost of the company. Starters didn't come out for about an hour, salmon starter was incredibly small and considerably smaller than some other starter dishes, could have added bread or something? I was starving right til the end. Main was not anything impressive, and was small. Dishes were inconsistent, same orders looked really different to each other, my pork crackling was unbreakable (6 of us tried!) my colleagues was soft and under cooked, floppy. The chocolate torte was too rich, the sticky toffee pudding was better but salty and in desperate need of ice cream accompaniment as appose to a wallnut sized amount of cream. I know I'm not being a harsh critic because everyone agreed, the general feedback about the food was "well it's alright but it's not ground breaking", for a high price and tiny portions you expect mind blowingly tasty food, and it did not reach this standard. A few people mentioned that they found the staff quite miserable too. If the food wasn't paid for by the company id have definitely put up a fuss.

3  Thank Emeline L