2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$87
Trip.comUS$88
eDreamsUS$87
ZenHotels.comUS$97
2,239 results
All reviews kiln restaurant glass kiln warm cookies city centre king room lovely hotel close to the train station temple meads station reception staff business trip car park comfortable stay stayed for one night night's sleep parking bath soundproofing
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2021

I am a Hilton Honors Customer. I stayed last night with my newborn and husband at Double Tree Hilton Bristol CT. We were forced to stay in back of hotel. Looking out window to garbage, and trash from the Hotel. We were not treated with respect and dignity by kitchen staff especially the kitchen management. Who was told by staff to come out speak to us. Kitchen management refused to. They forced us to eat left over food and uncooked food and refuse to prepare it safely. Management Linda of the Hotel also refused to speak to me and make things right. She also did not treat us with respect or dignity. Refused to greet us or speak to us. She used staff who were inexperienced and did not know how handle the situation to communicate with us instead of herself. I was extremely humiliated and embarrassed in front of customers and other staff. I did not sleep cried and the next day was forced out of the hotel because of the hotel staff behavior. I didn't feel comfortable staying there. Durning my stay I could not get fresh towels upon my arrival to shower. I also could still not get them 3 hours after I checked in. This hotel is not a hotel for people of color. The behavior I experienced was racial provoked.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Imran Ali, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2021

Dear queenhollyw,

We are sorry to hear about your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton unfortunately this review has been sent to the wrong DoubleTree Bristol, we are the DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol City Centre in the United Kingdom.

Can you kindly repost this review for the DoubleTree by Hilton in America and delete it from our Hilton Review section.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2021 via mobile

Booked a room here for my son weekend beginning October 2021. Advised the hotel that he would arrive in the early hours once he'd finished work.
They said that was fine.
He arrived about 1AM to be told that no payment had been made and he couldn't stay.
So, I had to make yet another payment, this time on my debit as opposed to credit card as my card was invalid(!) - apparently.

Again I was informed that no payment had been made, however using my banking app I could see that it had indeed gone through.
Very unhelpful staff who were not interested in looking at the receipt my son was offering to provide then suggested I get in touch with Booking.com which I did just before 2 in the morning.
Thankfully Booking.com managed to speak to the hotel & sort although the hotel have not refunded the second payment & are refusing to acknowledge the cancellation!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2021

The hotel is close to Temple Meads station, and good bus links for the rest of the city. The breakfasts were good, food hot, and a good variety of fresh fruits. My only gripe would be, if I had driven to the hotel, would be the charge for car parking on the hotel site. 5th floor room was spotless and quiet, although only having a shower, not a bath. Bar prices were very reasonable, much less than most city pubs in the Southeast of England.

Room tip: Pick one looking towards St Mary Redcliff church
Date of stay: October 2021
Imran Ali, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2021

Dear Mike,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Double Tree Bristol City Centre and found the location and breakfast to your liking, we do understand the frustration with car parking charges but due to the car park being owned by a third party company we do have to charge.
We hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 3 October 2021 via mobile

I am a Hilton Honours Diamond member and stay in a variety of Hilton & Doubletree throughout Europe. There is no way that this property meets the usual very high standards. Although the reception and entrance are ok the rest of the hotel does not resemble any Hilton experience. I would recommend any guests wishing to stay here suspend the notion that this is a Hilton hotel and you are going to get such an experience.

The Hilton Clean Stay policy is not in operation at all at this property. The first thing I noticed on floor 3 is a stagnant smell of mould. The bar and restaurant are at best miserable almost an after thought. The room itself is very compact although furnished to an ok standard. Digital keys only work in one of the two lifts and this would be pointless as you need a key to activate the electricity in the room. No guidance was given for room cleanliness and whether it would be serviced in fact mine wasn’t.

Whilst the wine is ok and the price to be expected on the first night I chose to eat at the restaurant which, for some strange reason is closed. The food at the bar is a very limited menu and to charge £16 for a bowl of watered down Pasta isn’t good at all. Had I time I would not have chosen this sorry sight of a meal.

Breakfast was even worse than you can imagine. It is not in line with the Hilton standard of breakfast. No choice of omelette or anything other than a pre made Buffett which, had so much moisture it smelt like wet dog. I had to ask 4 times on my first morning for milk for Corn flakes. the buffet had no bacon because they waited for it to run out before pro actively keep it restocked. The staff wondered around aimlessly and had no focus on their job. The manager or person who told me he was a manager was quite rude to me when I asked for the fourth time for milk. My last day I couldn’t bring myself to eat the bacon or egg it smelt disgusting.

To consider the price that’s charged it’s really equal or below the standard of Premier Inn which, is quite troubling to say. How this can pass any sort of Hilton standard is beyond me. It is probably one of most neglected and badly run Hilton sites I’ve stayed at.

Room tip: Consider whether there is an alternative hotel that might offer higher standards. Avoid meals at the bar
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank onepaul0304
Imran Ali, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Paul,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry we did not exceed your expectations.
Your comments will help us as we continually work to improve our guest experience and we have already passed your comments around to the relevant departments. At DoubleTree by Hilton, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied and hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2021

Great location. Lovely staff, all very helpful, always friendly and professional.

Room was very nice.

Breakfast very good, lots of different options,

Good location, 5 minute walk from Bristol Templemeads and 10 minute walk from hotel to harbour area. Plenty of restaurants and bars around harbour.

15 minute walk to SS Great Britain.

Open top bus tour Toot Bus stop right by hotel.

Boat trips around harbour go from near SS Great Britain.

Staff in restaurants near by all really friendly.

The staff on the front desk were lovely, but there weren't enough of them. We had to queue a long time at reception each time we went there and nobody answered the phone when I called on 3 different occasions.

Date of stay: September 2021

Dear fbmh_12,
Thank you for leaving your review of your stay with us back in September, it sounds like you really explored the city!
Yes we are currently slightly understaffed in some areas of the hotel but it is a working progress.

Thank you for choosing Double Tree Bristol City Centre for your stay, I am very happy to hear you had a lovely time and we hope to have you staying with us again in the future!