Lowest prices for your stay
US$88
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Expedia.comUS$88
eDreams
ZenHotels.comUS$97
2,239 results
All reviews kiln restaurant glass kiln warm cookies city centre king room lovely hotel close to the train station temple meads station reception staff business trip car park comfortable stay stayed for one night night's sleep parking bath soundproofing
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2021

Housekeeping seems to be optional and front desk is unavailable. Basic service practice is totally missing from this hotel. Cleanliness is also not great. Lots of stains on carpets, no block or pen for taking notes, down to the bare minimum

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Imran Ali, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2021

Dear florencebarlafante,

I am sorry to hear your recent stay with us was not up to your standards, we are currently still operating under the Hilton Clean Stay protocols so housekeeping is only upon request unless you are staying more than 3 nights (then it is done everyday 3rd day). Having paper and pens in rooms is not something we usually do and have never had comments on before but we will look into this to see if its something people are interested in.
Thank you for leaving your review, we will take your comments on board to ensure we are looking into the best ways we can improve our guest experience.
We hope you stay with us again soon so we can change your mind about us here at Double Tree by Hilton Bristol City Centre!

Reviewed 25 October 2021

Very pleased with cleaniless of room. Had a fantastic sleep. Was worried about the very soft pillows to start as I love a firm pillow but I fell asleep instantly ...mattress was fab! Pillow options would have made it but cannot whinge. Breakfast was hit and miss...hot food galore...continental side was almost empty which did disapoint slightly. Given the £200 paid for 1 night it would have been nice to have full options breakfast wise but I still enjoyed the experience...not sure it was quite worth the £200 a night though...what would have made it was pillow options, to have the possibility of breakfast in room and to have all breakfast options avaliable. Still a lovely stay though! Staff are lovely!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear X8322FLvictoriap,

Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay with us! I am so pleased to hear that the soft pillows did not prevent you from having a good nights sleep, I will certainly speak to our housekeeping manager and look into getting some more pillow types. We did temporarily stop room service breakfast but I am happy to say we are resuming it again from Monday 8th Nov.

We hope to see you staying with us at Double Tree Bristol City Centre again soon and maybe you can even try out the room service breakfast!

Reviewed 12 October 2021

I am a Hilton Honors Customer. I stayed last night with my newborn and husband at Double Tree Hilton Bristol CT. We were forced to stay in back of hotel. Looking out window to garbage, and trash from the Hotel. We were not treated with respect and dignity by kitchen staff especially the kitchen management. Who was told by staff to come out speak to us. Kitchen management refused to. They forced us to eat left over food and uncooked food and refuse to prepare it safely. Management Linda of the Hotel also refused to speak to me and make things right. She also did not treat us with respect or dignity. Refused to greet us or speak to us. She used staff who were inexperienced and did not know how handle the situation to communicate with us instead of herself. I was extremely humiliated and embarrassed in front of customers and other staff. I did not sleep cried and the next day was forced out of the hotel because of the hotel staff behavior. I didn't feel comfortable staying there. Durning my stay I could not get fresh towels upon my arrival to shower. I also could still not get them 3 hours after I checked in. This hotel is not a hotel for people of color. The behavior I experienced was racial provoked.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Imran Ali, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2021

Dear queenhollyw,

We are sorry to hear about your stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton unfortunately this review has been sent to the wrong DoubleTree Bristol, we are the DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol City Centre in the United Kingdom.

Can you kindly repost this review for the DoubleTree by Hilton in America and delete it from our Hilton Review section.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2021 via mobile

Booked a room here for my son weekend beginning October 2021. Advised the hotel that he would arrive in the early hours once he'd finished work.
They said that was fine.
He arrived about 1AM to be told that no payment had been made and he couldn't stay.
So, I had to make yet another payment, this time on my debit as opposed to credit card as my card was invalid(!) - apparently.

Again I was informed that no payment had been made, however using my banking app I could see that it had indeed gone through.
Very unhelpful staff who were not interested in looking at the receipt my son was offering to provide then suggested I get in touch with Booking.com which I did just before 2 in the morning.
Thankfully Booking.com managed to speak to the hotel & sort although the hotel have not refunded the second payment & are refusing to acknowledge the cancellation!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2021

The hotel is close to Temple Meads station, and good bus links for the rest of the city. The breakfasts were good, food hot, and a good variety of fresh fruits. My only gripe would be, if I had driven to the hotel, would be the charge for car parking on the hotel site. 5th floor room was spotless and quiet, although only having a shower, not a bath. Bar prices were very reasonable, much less than most city pubs in the Southeast of England.

Room tip: Pick one looking towards St Mary Redcliff church

Dear Mike,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Double Tree Bristol City Centre and found the location and breakfast to your liking, we do understand the frustration with car parking charges but due to the car park being owned by a third party company we do have to charge.
We hope you stay with us again soon!