Avon Gorge Hotel
  • Pool
US$83
US$70
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$73
US$89
US$68
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$119
US$132
US$115
Travelocity
1,109 results
All reviewsclifton suspension bridgewhite liongreat view of the bridgelarge terraceterrace barfull englishlovely hotelstreet parkingthird floorstayed for one nightlovely roomss great britaincooked breakfastweddingpermitrefurb
Reviewed 10 April 2018

First things first,the room was lovely, bathroom really good, except the shower had no hot water in the morning, bed kings size and comfy although the mattress was not pulled up to the headboard so the pillows kept falling down the hole. It was a huge mattress that i couldn't move. Only one breakfast teabag in the room seemed a bit tight. But the decor is dark and moody and beautifully done.
White Lion in my view is poor and expensive. On a quiet Monday night the volume of the music was very loud and they style completely inappropriate for the age of the guest. Seemed like it suited the young staff rather than the paying customers. The beer was expensive and by the way Heineken lager is not 5.4% ABV as advertised everywhere.
A great location and lovely rooms but just needs that real attention to detail to be good.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim S
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Okay I think there is a few things that need separating here on Trip Advisor. There is the Avon Gorge Hotel soon to be a fully branded Hotel du Vin and there is the White Lion and the current lounge restaurant in The Avon Gorge Hotel. Tess yes they are all the same company but the Accommodation should not be judged against the standard of the restaurants. The hotel is still in development but the rooms are complete and my word they are in a class of their own so individual and quirky we loved it. Huge bathroom and super kingsize bed in the Bollinger garden suite. Unique decor in the main hotel building with a modern yet warm feel. We also had a good but not excellent meal in the temporary lounge bar with some good cocktails and wine. Service fine at points staff were stretched but it didn't affect our experience. Breakfast in the White Lion was also lovely with fast pleasant service.

My gripes and I always have some. ditch the oil candles in the lounge bar, they make the whole lobby smell a bit like a fuel station.

Get the cocktail service a bit quicker.

Discreet ear pieces for your radios would be a suggestion.

more coffee pods in the room 2 normal and 2 decaf are not enough.

I'm just being fussy as we really really enjoyed our stay and will return for sure!

1  Thank CharlieDogUk
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Although £55 for Sunday lunch sounds a bit expensive when you break it down its a four-course meal with a glass of wine, therefore, reflects great value for money. You start with a Charcuterie of various assortments of cold meat and fish, then homemade soup, then a Roast Dinner completed with dessert and wine

Room Tip: Sunday Lunch
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel for my husband’s birthday as a surprise when I saw it had become part of the Hotel du Vin group . On arrival we found ourselves in the hotel car park amidst a lot of building work and buzzed reception to ask where we should park . We were advised that there were only 6 spaces ! Passes would have been given to park on the road in Clifton if it was full . I thought £6.50 was a bargain for parking . Although 4 of the 6 spaces were taken by tradesmen we were lucky in getting one . Entrance / reception area is stylish and exudes a feeling of glamour . Our receptionist was very pleasant . She took us outside to another Georgian house that was to be where our junior suite was located . We were delighted with this suite - beautiful furnishings , sophisticated, classy, deep rich colours and tones , and an exceptional lighting system that allows you to control the level of lighting to suit your mood and needs .( with a little practice ). Super comfy bed and luxe bedding .
Outside , we opened onto a patio area , our large private garden and a walk down to another terrace ( in need of some tlc) for fabulous views of the gorge and suspension bridge. We felt very secluded in our suite with velvet sofas in the lounge to chaise longue in the bedroom . Everything in the rooms was of quality, with superb attention to detail- even 2 sockets each at the bedside table ( hallelujah !)- my pet moan as this is lacking in most hotels , assuming only one person needs to charge their mobile phone and have a wake up call ! It seemed that everything had been thought of, except tissues ???
We had a couple of cocktails, mixed to perfection , before venturing out to a seafood restaurant . I didn’t think there was currently a great menu offer for dinner at the hotel that met our needs .( New restaurant under construction ).
We came back after dinner and sat in the restaurant /bar which will eventually become the cocktail lounge, for a couple more drinks . Breakfast was excellent in the White Lion.
I guess the only gripe would be that guests should be advised on booking about the extensive building works . This did not affect us as we were not staying in the main building , however drinks at lunchtime on the terrace were obviously affected by this in the background . Somehow the beautiful view and sunshine still made this a great spot . My recommendation would be to choose carefully your room / suite until the hotel is fully refurbished . We were lucky and had a wonderful suite and a fabulous stay.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My other half surprised me with a nice lunch to this establishment. Rather pricey, very nice interior, I was delighted. However it turned out to be a waste of time and money and now we will not return nor Reccomend to anybody. My partner ordered us some drinks and our food, and after atleast a half hour wait we asked a bar member when to expect our meal. The Bar team were vague and assumabley went to the kitchen to find out. We waited another 15 minutes before asking a young Spanish lady again, where our food was. She briskly explained that it was not her problem and to ask the bar team again. After yet another kerfuffle we finally got our food, after we had finished our drinks, and it turns out the Spanish lady we had enquired with, had taken our burgers (yes, two burgers, not that hard for a Wednesday afternoon with only two tables sat down for lunch if you ask me) to a different table, and completely mixed up the two tables orders. Now having worked in hospitality for several years, my first instinct in this situation would've been to apologize and offer some drinks on the house, however we were blessed with a very brief apology, followed by having to ask for the Chipotle mayonnaise as they had forgotten one of the portions on the order.

All in all, we will not be coming back.
Thanks, but no thanks.