Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
US$74
US$92
US$85
  • Pool
Ibis Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$106
US$99
US$93
1,416 results
All reviewspriority clubcity centrebear pitcar parkcabot circusrain showersofa beddvd playerexecutive rooman upgraderoom was largegreat showerreception staffvery pleasant staysaturday nightlovely roomstayed here for one night
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

My boys took me to the Holiday Inn having stayed there last year and told me that it was great.
The staff were friendly and welcoming, the rooms huge and breakfast was certainly plentiful in choice.
One son forgot his teddy there and Craig (from reception) made sure it got back to us, so service beyond our expectations. Highly recommend the hotel for its location too with parking available.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anna L
BRSCC-FOM1, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Anna L,

Thank you for the great 5* review!

We are very pleased to hear about your great experience at our hotel and especially your kind comments about our team and in particular Craig who rescued the teddy and got it back safely (hope teddy had a pleasant journey home).

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Jamie McNamee
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived here yesterday for two nights. For the money I’ve paid I am really disappointed!! On arrival in our room we found a pair of dirty socks had been left. The room was dusty. There were no bath robes. When I mentioned it at reception I was told they were only provided robes for 6th floor and above- I pointed out that we were actually on the 6th floor and was grudgingly provided with some ! No apology that they weren’t provided in the first place. I normally stay at the Premier Inn and have had far better service there at a much better rate!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
michael o, General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Firstly, allow me to apologise for your experience upon arrival, this is not the impression we wish to provide. Possibly there is some confusion with Bath Robes, we only offer bath robes in our suites and no longer in more standard rooms.

I will pass on to the team your feedback and concerns regarding service, this is certainly not the way it which we want to be perceived.
opinion on your most recent stay.

I hope that you choose to stay with us again so that we can rectify the situation the best way we know possible - by providing amazing service!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I've stayed at this hotel 15+ times now and I always have a good experience.

Comfortable beds, good sized rooms, decent quality showers and baths.

The only downside is the bar food menu and service. They changed this recently and it is basically over-priced burgers and chips, fish and chips etc. Shame, but there are quite a few options for food in close proximity

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark_NIron

Dear Mark,

As I loyal guest of our hotel I would like to thank you for providing your continued contribution to our hotel and brand. I am pleased that after more than 15 stays you still find our beds comfortable and to a good quality.

It is a shame to read your feedback on our room service menu; we do offer any of our menus throughout the whole of the hotel so pleased don't be afraid to request one of the alternative menus.

Until your next stay with us I wish you a pleasant day.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I stayed here after attending an open day at the University of Bristol. We were told the hotel was only a few minutes walk from the campus, but silly me hadn't even accounted for how hilly Bristol would be so it was a bit of tiring trek. However, we were greeted by an exceptionally friendly member of staff who was very attentive. It was only a one night stay, but the room was incredibly spacious and clean. We didn't have food at the hotel but the restaurant area seemed nice and the room service menu had a lot of choice. There was, however, an odd wet patch on the carpet by the bed when we arrived. As we were only staying for one night, we didn't make a huge fuss about this and just reported it to reception when checking out as it wasn't a major issue. The lady at reception was helpful in booking a taxi to Bristol Parkway which is a fair way out. My one qualm was that the reception is on the first floor as opposed to the ground floor and one can only access certain floors with the room key card. Given how unpredictable room key cards can be and how claustrophobic I am, the elevators gave me high anxiety about being locked in. Especially when the card wouldn't scan and it took multiple attempts. Because of this and how high anxiety I am, this makes me a little reluctant to return (although, I am perfectly aware that this system is for security - I'm just too anxious for that!) but the room itself and the staff were lovely.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear Sammy,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay; I am pleased that after a tiring trek through Bristol you managed to arrive at the hotel to enjoy one oof our spacious rooms! We pride ourselves in being one of the example Holiday Inns in the UK.

I hope that your anxiety was not to stressful when using our lifts; rightly the key card system is for our guests' protection so I hope you can forgive us in that matter.

I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Bristol.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We arrived at the Holiday Inn Bristol Centre on the 05/04/18. We intended staying in one of their Executive Rooms on the sixth floor. The decor and bathing facilities in this room was superb, but unfortunately not suitable for me in a wheelchair, as it was too small to turn around in the room or bathroom.
Had no problem changing to alternative rooms with my family. The Accessible Room the Staff offered was very spacious and had a wet room in the bathroom...was ideal for my needs. The Reception Staff were so helpful, together with the Restaurant staff...nothing was too much trouble from any of the staff, from the front desk as you enter the Hotel at ground floor level to the Reception on the 2nd Floor. The food in the Restaurant was lovely but a little bit on the measured portions side on certain starters and main courses. e.g. Soup of the day was good value for money as a starter but the King Prawns in Chilli Sauce...not good value for money (expensive starter) and a very small portion of Prawns served with a meagre portion and boring serving of some salad leaves with nothing else. Would never pay nearly £9.00 for this dish again. Other than that, the meals were good value especially the Fish in Beer and Chips. I had the sea bass which was delicious in a lovely sauce but should have asked for chips instead of the potato on offer with this dish.
It was lovely to be so close to the main shopping centre. The only downside of the area was that we were pestered for money etc., by many drug addicts and people living rough going through the subway to get to the shopping centre across the road from the Hotel. You felt very intimidated by them all and afraid to go out into the town after dark.
All in all would return to this Hotel again, as our stay at the Holiday Inn in Bristol City Centre couldn’t have been any more pleasurable and relaxing...just hope the local Council will try to sort out the other problem by being pestered and feeling intimidated by the local people who need help. It is not a good advert for the Hotel as its in such close proximity to the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Tried to click on giving this Hotel four stars for room and location and five stars for Service, but it wouldn’t do it.
Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail C

Dear Gail,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a candid review of your recent stay; I am disappointed that your experience in the Bear Pit underpass was intimidating, I want to reassure you we are working extremely closely with the Local Council to provide continuous feedback and assistance where possible to resolve the current situation within the Bristol Community.

I am pleased to read that our team were able to offer you an adequate room to suit your requirements.

What a pleasure reading that you thought our hotel was superb! I truly hope you enjoyed your time with us.