“Pam celebrated her 90th birthday lunch at our favourite restaurant.”

Cote Brasserie - Bristol Clifton Village
Ranked #102 of 1,831 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Whilst we always expect top quality at COTE, on this occasion, they really did excel themselves. The welcome was unforgettable..... the preparation had been incredible.... the food was tasty and beautifully presented...... the service "out of this world". ALDA and her team were in top class form during this visit and the complimentary birthday card signed by all the staff, the bottle of wine and the roses..... well, what can one say? If you want to celebrate a very special occasion,[ breakfast, lunch or dinner], COTE really is the place to chose. I can't wait for my birthday in November!!!!!

Reviewed 2 September 2018

We were celebrating my sisters birthday, we were a large group of 13. It was surprisingly busy for a Tuesday after the bank holiday but our group were well looked after. Our water and drinks were topped up and a complimentary glass of champagne for the birthday girl was a lovely touch. The bread and butter, pissalediere (sp?) and sauccison was lovely and everyone was so pleased with their mains. I had the goats cheese salad which was very substantial and tasty. Partner had the sea bass, others enjoyed the grilled chicken, duck and cherries, pork belly and steaks. The server was attentive and friendly, doing well to handle such a large group so well. Creme brûlée was the best I’ve ever had. We were a bit of a pain asking for separate bills and paying separately but this was all handled efficiently and with a smile. This is the second time we visited this restaurant as a large group and it was a lovely family get together. Thank you so much Cote!

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We both had two courses and all plates that came out were well presented and tasted great. The service was very good too. There wasn’t too long a wait for drinks, food nor bill. We’ll definitely add this restaurant to our “return to” list. Plus it was very easy to book a table online.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Staff were cheerful and welcoming. Each time we chose food they asked if we wanted more, almost a bit pushy; 'you'd like the pisaladiere, do you want anything else, olives, bread etc' 'do you want anything else to drink' etc. I was disappointed that the veal escalope didn't include any side dish so had to buy separately when my husband's chicken included fries. Good points, the green salad - very good. Breton chicken, very tender and juicy. I had made a mental note of the bill so was surprised to see it was more, & then noticed the 12.5% gratuity. I asked for it to be removed, purely as I wish to tip of my own volition, not compulsorily. The attitude of the staff changed and we weren't wished a good evening, as the rest of the customers were upon leaving.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

It is many years since I had a savoury crepe but this one with two eggs , bacon and creme cheese was delicious and I cannot wait to try it again in the near future. Incidentally, the service was very good also.