US$83
US$81
    US$57
    US$54
    • Restaurant
    Novotel Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
    US$69
    • Restaurant
    Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
    US$53
    Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$73
    US$67
    US$125
    US$95
    • Bar/Lounge
    US$75
    All reviewsindependent hotellittle touchesshower pressuredecent showerwhiteladies roadstay there againmini barconvenient locationbed was comfortabletea and coffeestayed for one nightcity centrereception staffnice hotelcliftonparkingrates
    Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights and was pleasantly surprised by hoe convenient it was to everything in Clifton and a short walk to the city centre. The staff at the front desk could not have been more helpful and the room was cleaned and towels changed . The bar connected to the hotel is very popular, especially on a rugby weekend, and there is a good food menu. Breakfast was in the bar and there was a cold buffet with the option of a full cooked breakfast. The room that we stayed in was a little small and could do with some upgrading to the decor but it was warm, clean and perfectly serviceable. The locked car park in Clifton was great as parking on street is practically impossible.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
    JTiernay, Manager at The Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hi Ritam,

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. You will be pleased to hear we are always investing in the building with our twin rooms currently under refurbishment and our final single rooms to be completed later this year. We would love to see you back again soon to The Clifton.

Kind regards,
    Jack Chesher

Reviewed 12 March 2018

I arrived on a Saturday after about 30 hours of airplane travel, exhausted and needing a comfortable room and some good sleep. I was staying at the Clifton through Monday, when I was to move into my new apartment.

I unfortunately had a terrible time, and I will try to outline why.

The room (executive double) was tiny and cluttered. When I arrived in the room, I immediately noticed dirt, grime, and general uncleanliness. The desk was covered with a layer of dust, towels were crimpled on the floor (thinking about it now, they might never have been replaced from the last guest), the bin in the bathroom actually had trash in it! There were stains on the walls and celing. Three matresses were being stored in one of the hallways.

Exhausted I showered and went out to eat, before I got ready for bed. The walls started shaking with a terrible bass. There was a party somewhere in the building, and the noise was so loud it penetrated even through my earplugs. I called the reception, and yes, they could confirm there was indeed a party downstairs until midnight. They said they had emailed me to ask if I wanted to a quieter room (I had received one email from them, but it only had check-in information), and all I could do was laugh. Why would anyone want a room in the middle of a loud party?

After some back and forth, I was able to move to a single bed tiny room to sleep for the night. I was promised a 10% discount, that I did not receive.

There was a party on Sunday as well, so I moved again to a third room.

All in all an unpleasant experience, the only reason I am giving 2 stars and not 1, is because the staff at the desk did try their best to help me.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
    Jack C, Manager at The Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Alexander S,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us. I am sorry that you had issues during your stay which we are discussing over email and phone correspondence so we can address them as soon as possible.

We usually have great feedback about our clealiness levels so I am disapointed to hear that it was not up to our high standards this time. This is something that I am discussing with the relevant members of staff as this is not acceptable.

In terms of the noise as you have pointed out we do send out courtesy emails with details about the stay including the offer of a quieter room. I have, however, already addressed with the relevant staff about the bass that you could feel in your room. When we have DJ's playing downstairs this is a strict policy in place. The DJ in question has now been barred from playing as they did not adhear to this.

I am sorry that you experienced these issues which I will discuss with you further.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel with my family. The nice front desk and the service too. Would like to stay there again someday. The area is walking distance to bus and also walking distance to food area. Thanks to the nice people there.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi Reenu,

Thank you for your review, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It would be great to see you back soon to The Clifton!

Kind regards,
    Jack Chesher

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

not cheapest in area but decent enough excellent helpful staff pricey restaurant so best to walk 5mins plenty of better food place choices £8 overnight secure parking was useful chose for location 10min walk to O2 where I went last night 5min walk to the Berkley Wetherspoons for decent full english

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
    Jack C, Manager at The Clifton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear gavin1954,

Thank you for leaving a review with us. I am pleased that you found out staff excellent and helpful and that you enjoyed the excellent area that we are situated in! Parking can be difficult in Clifton so we are very lucky to be able to provide well priced parking on a first come first served basis to our guests.

I am sorry to hear that you found the restaurant expensive. They do provide excellent food and service and have a number of offers on throughout the week! If you sign up for our loyalty scheme you can also get a 10% discount off of food and drink in future stays with us.

Remember to book directly for the best rates!

Best wishes,

Operations Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night on business during the coldest week England has seen for years. Upon arrival, we tried to squeeze our car in the car park which has far too many spaces in such a small space... the likeliness of getting blocked in on the back wall is quite high!

Checking in was smooth with no issues, and the staff were bubbly and friendly. Got the keys to my “executive double” which was... far from executive!

The space itself is beautiful and grand, with high Victorian ceilings and large Victorian sash windows. The bathroom had been previously updated, and was the best part of the room.

Unfortunately the rest of my stay wasn’t that great. It was so cold in the room, with curtains that don’t fit the windows and those windows being single paned, I had to request another heater. Thankfully the team had 1 left, which was great for me, but I’m sorry for anyone else who requested one after that!
    I had to make use of the musty blankets and bed covers from the wardrobe to be warm enough to sleep.
    They also don’t provide you with free water, and based on the fact that the cold water tap didn’t get that cold, made me think it wasn’t a fresh water supply... so I had to purchase a bottle from the minibar. They do however provide “fresh” fruit as complimentary (with one red apple not fresh at all). I suggested in my comment card that they leave the fresh fruit, and provide bottled water instead.

Check out was, again, smooth and pain free as the staff are genuinely fantastic and are obviously what makes the place work.

I wouldn’t recommend, or maybe try when it’s warmer out?

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
    1  Thank Kaela357

Dear Kaela357,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with us. I am sorry to hear that you would not recommend us. I appreciate the feedback you also left on the questionnaire in the room which has helped us already address some of the issues concerned. I have spoken with the team to make sure that the heating is on the correct setting for one guests, like yourself, check in. I have checked the curtains myself and made sure that they sit properly in the window in order to prevent as much heat from escaping through our traditional windows.

I am sorry there was also a problem with the temperature of the drinking water in your room and the fruit was not as fresh as it should have been. I will address this with the team!

I am pleased to hear that you found the staff here fantastic. They work so hard to give a 5 star service and I will be feeding back to them your lovely comments.

We would love to welcome you back again having had the issues raised addressed. If you would liek to book again please ring directly for the best rates.

Best wishes,