“Great experience cycling over the M48”

Severn Bridges Visitor Centre
Ranked #111 of 230 things to do in Bristol
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I was in South Wales for a night out and really wanted to see the old suspension bridge up close.

Parked up in Chepstow near the bridge and cycled across on the cycle path to the english side and back. Worked out at about 14kms round trip.

Really great looking at the engineering.

This was the first great suspension bridge after the Tacoma narrows disaster, pioneering the aerodynamic wing.

Really worth a look.

"tunnel"
"engineering"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 23 October 2016

Whilst staying in Bath, we made the drive to go and see the bridge, and paid the £7 to travel across it - and then returned - which was free in that direction. Totally worth the drive, the cost and the time. Did not disappoint.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Driving home we opted to drive over the new Severn Bridge (M4), as i'd never driven East-bound over the new one.
No tolls going east to England - only West-bound to Wales.
The view North to the old original bridge was specular in the early morning light.
Also, the view from the centre is equally good.

Reviewed 4 June 2016

We were going to Newport for a passport, this was the very first time I used this bridge.
I went on the website before going to see how much it was. It stated that disabled people didn't have to pay, although when I got there there wasn't any signs about being disabled, just signs to put your card in!
So be aware disabled people you do have to pay because there's no one around to ask and after all it's only £6.60! However this should be removed from their website!
We were going to Newport to get a passport!
It was breath taking and next time I go over I won't be driving so I can see more of the scenery.

1  Thank Rhiacrewe t