Good location,well serviced and good food.
The staff were helpful and friendly. Various size rooms and all the normal facilities expected. Well within reach of good pubs and restaurants.
We will go again later this year
- Free Wifi
First the good points:
- Low prices for Bristol
- Excellent location
- Helpful and friendly staff
Now the not so good points:
- Although clean, as was the whole hotel, our room was in desperate need of decoration. All the painted surfaces were damaged or peeling and tiles were broken and cracked with sealant lifting out of the gaps
- The breakfast choice was very limited and the hot buffet was all cold (the scrambled eggs were not only cold but also grey and the poached eggs hard as the rock Bristol is built on)
- The restaurant was not open for evening meals despite all the emphasis given to advertising it online and in the hotel itself (why display menus for a closed dining room - it just adds insult to injury)
- The TV in our room was so small and high it was hard to see the screen action.
- We had a standard double room but struggled with the lack of space. Heaven knows what a small double is like
- The curtains in our room were almost impossible to draw without knocking everything off the table in front of the window. The curtain rings did not slide along the curtain pole and what is needed with such tall windows are curtain pull cords.
Despite all the problems we had a great time in Bristol during our stay.
We spent one night in this hotel prior to an early morning appointment the next day. Having picked the hotel from the reviews on Tripadvisor we were certainly not disappointed.
We had a good size corner room in the main building. The bed was extremely comfortable, good selection for the tea and coffee making facility, the room was clean and even if the shower room was a touch on the small side it was perfectly functional.
Even though Clifton Village was only a short walk away we decided to eat in the hotel and had a really good dinner, and as another reviewer said, very reasonable prices for the quality. And absolutely no complaint about the breakfast the next morning. Really good choice of both hot and cold food.
The staff were excellent from reception, through to dinner and breakfast, courteous, helpful and attentive. We would have no hesitation in staying here again and would happily recommend it to other visitors.
The hotel is extremely conveniently located for Clifton Village with the village cafe's and bars, the observatory, the downs and the suspension bridge within a short walk. It is located on a nice leafy square and the room we occupied had lovely views out of the window across the square.
The staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms clean and well maintained.
This is not a boutique or 5 star hotel but is ideal for a visit to the Clifton area, within walking distance of many town centre sites and reasonably priced.
Last minute booking and visit to the restaurant unwittingly gave an outstanding culinary surprise -thank you James (chef) and attentive service Theo
Would definitely recommend for people to dine in - excellent food without emptying your bank account !
All hotels are fine for a one night stay
VSH is no exception.
Clean, good shower & good wifi
Aqua from Lithuania was welcoming
Room 234 would be small if one was staying for more than a night?
TV was tiny, but there is so little to watch anyway!