Lowest prices for your stay
US$55
Free cancellation until 28/01/22
Official HotelUS$57
eDreamsUS$58
TravelocityUS$55
All reviews suspension bridge no lift main building car park street parking large room single room good size full english comfy bed booked this hotel clifton receptionist university ensuite
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2021 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights visiting family and the area. Great location. On- street parking was fine ( with voucher). Rooms good size and well-appointed. Square relatively quiet overnight. Breakfast was ok, and service good, but selection a bit limited even given the need to be safe. We left happy with experience and would use again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Picpoul
Reviewed 26 October 2021

Stayed recently for two nights. Receptionist was lovely, very friendly and helped us check in early. Accommodation was very dated with paint peeling off rusty radiator in the bathroom and the base of the bathroom bin. The lock on the bathroom door was completely broken. Shower head was broken and almost useless, it swung out of the way with the power of the water and it couldn't be adjusted to set it high enough to be useful. The bed linen was clean but the bed itself was actually too soft if anything, there was very little support in it. The worst thing was the lump of squashed dried-in faeces in the middle of the tiled bathroom floor. I didn't even mention this to my wife as I knew it would totally freak her out, I just cleaned it up myself. Couldn't recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 19 October 2021

We had a small double room which was clean and comfortable. The hotel has the added bonus of a car park for £7 a day, a must for the permit only area. The location is great and in easy reach of Clifton village and the suspension bridge.

Reviewed 6 October 2021 via mobile

This two-building hotel combines the look and feel of Victorian grandeur with some far more modern facilities. Unfortunately, that does not include a lift to the various floors, nor air conditioning in the overly heated rooms. However, the windows can be opened fully - and even though you are in the middle of Clifton, the room we were in was quiet enough with the window open.

Breakfast was good and service was good enough, although catching the attention of the staff was a little bit of a problem.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clivel_98
Reviewed 1 October 2021

I had a really great stay at Victoria Square Hotel in a single room. Briefly;
- clean bathroom with a good shower
- very quiet
- room warm enough but not stuffy
- very comfy bed
- lovely reception lady who was very patient with me not being able to work the key card (you need to put it in and out quickly!) and I was having issues with my debit card but she persevered after trying several ways with the card machine and didn't make me feel at all awkward about it (all whilst I was being rude answering phone calls to daughter & boss)
- very fancy and clean throughout
- nice looking bar area, I didn't partake myself but there were a few guests enjoying
- the room was decorated really nicely

I have no idea how this hotel doesn't have higher rating I really couldn't have asked for more and the price was great. Couldn't believe how nice it was considering it's one of the cheapest options.
The only downside I can think of is that it's a bit further out but a taxi in to the centre was under £10.
Thank you Victoria Square Hotel, I will be back!!

Room tip: second floor on the road side was good for me!
Date of stay: September 2021