“Really tasty food”

Ranked #570 of 1,690 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$4 - US$29
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Spot Kitchen & Bar has re-launched at the Holiday Inn Bristol City. The new menu offers a twist on well-known dishes by our new Head Chef Neil Date and includes Cajun Blackened Double Breast of Chicken; Not Your Average Greek Salad; Thai Red Cod Loin Curry; the Bristol Smashed Burger; and much more. The luxurious interior design and friendly atmosphere of The Spot Kitchen & Bar guarantees the most enjoyable experience, while our stunning floor-to-ceiling windows offer views of the city skyline. The adjoining Lounge Bar is a relaxed alternative for informal drinks, with our fantastic open-view kitchen; you can witness the passion and skill of our chefs as they freshly prepare your meal.
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

Had soup of the day and the fish pie and everything was really delicious. Very pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

I suspect that very few people other than hotel guests eat here. On the evening that I was there significantly less than half of the tables were occupied. This looked as though it would be good for me as I just wanted a quick, simple meal before going back to my room for a couple of hours work. Having chosen a cheeseburger as a dish that should not take too long to prepare, I was rather disappointed to find myself still waiting for it to arrive after over 30 minutes. The explanation was that there had been a sudden influx of diners (not obvious in the sparsely occupied restaurant) and that there had been 5 room service orders. Either they do not expect very many people to be eating and are not prepared for a few orders coming in together or the kitchen was understaffed.

However, the response of the staff to appease a hungry and delayed diner was exemplary and it worked as I left the restaurant happy. Indeed, all of the staff on duty that night were professional, helpful and friendly which ties in with the standards set in most Holiday Inns over the last year or two. The food was much better than expected with a tasty cheeseburger (The Bristol Smashed Burger) followed by a very good Hot Toffee Sundae.

While I would have preferred quicker service, the combination of the excellent staff and good food at reasonable prices for a hotel have made me keen to use this restaurant again, whether or not I am staying in the hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

The Food at The Spot Kitchen and Restaurant is amazing. Well presented and very tasty. We ate a meal on Fathers Day and had Pork Belly, Pulled Beef Crumble, Fish n Chips and a Pizza, then had The Trio of Desserts. All dishes were Fantastic and were of a high standard.And the Professional, Friendly Service adds to the Quality of this place. We will Definitely visit again and recommend to all friends and family.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Very pleased we ate here
Service very good
Discount voucher of 20% off food and drink excellent
Food excellent and large portions
Will use again

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Ate in the bar after travelling up on Sunday. Very quiet. Small selection of beers but they are served very cold.
Ordered 2 starters, the chicken wings and potato skins. These are very good and surpisingly filling. If ordering the skins then ask for the bbq sauce that goes with wings as it is really good!

Staff were friendly and chatty. Service good. Good selection of seating and a few tv screens. Worth a visit even just for the wings!