“Just before a match”

Ranked #918 of 1,652 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were headed towards a different event within the Tobacco Factory but stopped in for a quick drink. It's near a stadium and there was a game soon starting. The place was crowded but we could share a table with a man and his young son all decked out in their colors. The bar people were friendly and helpful. It was a fun happy crowd and the beer was good.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

My husband waited for over an hour for his steak and chips. When it arrived the waiter did offer him a free dessert so he asked for a slice of Bakewell tart. The pastry was rock solid although the main filling was good. The flavour of the steak was good but the chips were mundane.

I arrived later and ordered a duck leg with spices lentils. The meat was quite tough and didn't have much flavour; I've cooked better myself many times. The spices lentils were oddly sweet, perhaps from some bits of apple, I'm not sure. Overall the meal was disappointing and I'd think twice about returning any time soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

This a great place for a few beers with friends or family. They have a great range of beers and the staff are very friendly.

They had a great selection of beers for last weekends beer festival. Shame it was a freezing day.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Visited today and after a very confusing conversation with a slightly surly bar person (who wanted to know how big our dog was before suggesting we could "try to bring her in if we wanted to"). When I asked what that meant she decided that they definitely weren't dog friendly. Really odd and such a shame, perhaps management could review and make a clear decision on this?! I don't understand why a place like this wouldn't be dog friendly when so many other good pubs in the area are (the spotted cow, the windmill, the orchard to name a few!!)

1  Thank Antifascist1
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

After waiting for 45 minutes I received a small pork sandwich and a few chips! £9.50.... I wouldn't expect to pay £6 for what I had.
My friend waited an hour to not even receive her food and was finally, after going up 3 times, got her money back but no food!
I wouldn't come back for food.
Service was average at best.
Shame as it's local.....