“Affordable food and drink but felt the place was a little tatty”
Review of St Georges Hall

St Georges Hall
Ranked #1,215 of 1,690 Restaurants in Bristol
Reviewed 29 October 2016

Stopped here for a meal when staying overnight in Bristol. The food was tasty and the beer great value, but I felt that the look and feel of the inside of this pub was a little tatty. Service was prompt, and the food was hot.

Worth a try if in the area, but I think there are nicer Wetherspoons pubs in the city.

StGeorgesHall, Manager at St Georges Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Dear Davidjellis,
thank you kindly for you review of your visit to us at St George's Hall. We are very pleased to hear that you chose our pub as your destination of choice to visit and that you enjoyed your meals and drinks, as well as the prompt service. We strive and work hard to make every customers visit as enjoyable as possible and we're glad that we could do this for you
With regards to your comments that the pub was "a little tatty", St George's Hall has been open since the late 90's, with some of the original features of what the building was before, a Granada Cinema, still in place. We would very much like to know why you felt it was "a little tatty", and would welcome any suggestions that you feel that could enhance not only your experience with us in the future, but also for other customers too?
We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Bristol and we hope upon your next visit, that we will see you again

Yours Sincerely

St George's Hall

Reviewed 22 July 2016

I like Wetherspoon's in general, you know what you are going to get - a good range of drinks and a fairly extensive menu - all at reasonable prices. I had eaten here once before and a number of my walking group popped in here for lunch today, we had no problems finding some adjacent tables (unusual for a spoons). Service at the bar was polite and efficient and the food arrived quite quickly. Typical Wetherspoon's fare, everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. I'd have no qualms about returning here.

Reviewed 12 July 2016

I've been in Wetherspoons St Georges Hall many times. I like the food, they have nice full english breakfast. Very nice prices as well.

I always turned blind eye on dirty, greasy tables, spider webs in the corners... It's also in very old building, you can tell by it's look and smell. It's very specific, opposite to word "modern'.
I visited St Georges Hall this weekend, and I am even more saddened.
They took away Roast Dinner offer on Sundays. They also taken filtered coffee option (which you buy once and refill as needed). I was mainly visiting them because of the tasty food and drink at cheap price. This was my last time. Now I will rethink where to go instead of this pub.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

St George's is the best place in Bristol by far to listen to classical music. Great variety of events and marvellous acoustics. Also an excellent unfussy website.

Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

Although it's quite mediocre it should do its purpose...that is to fill your tummy. We usually go to this weatherspoons pub once in a while cos it's convenient and accessible and affordable pub grub. Since it's a pub expect a few drinkers even at 10am. Be prepared to see dust and old chairs though...