“Cold food...poor service ”
Review of H Bar Restaurant

H Bar Restaurant
Ranked #1,226 of 1,690 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

We went here for lunch before a show and i would not return. The service was extremely slowand disinterested. The food was very expensive for what you received. Our soup and coffee came our cold. Soup sent back and then took a good 20 mins to return whilst the rest of the party tucked in. We did receive complimentary cakes as an apology but really, reading the reviews above they must get through alot of complimentary cake as many comments refer to cold food. I wouldn't return!

Reviewed 2 June 2015

we had a hurried snack in the form of a toasted cheese sandwich , before the concert . Whilst the staff are great and very attentive then sandwich was too thickly sliced and so hot it burnt my mouth . ( microwave ? yuk) it took a long time to cool by which time we had to dash so left most of it

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

We may come back given there is a dearth of decent places to eat within the immediate vicinity of Colston Hall. This place is ok but could be so much better. Food was ok, I suspect a little production line dressed up as something a little better. Waiter forgot one of our starters, brought only the olives, so appeared a short while later with our main courses! These were returned to the kitchen & the starter eventually arrived! My steak was a bit beyond medium but food was hot & seemed freshly prepared. Have to echo the reviewer above, only two staff working, we were ok having booked for 6pm we actually arrived at 5.20 so plenty of time. Unlike another table who were being served their food just 20 minutes before the show started. I feel the place is a tad too ambitious, I'd be happy if they served the daytime menu. Atmosphere was ok once the place filled up. And a tip.....either lock the door or open it, having it ajar with stools blocking access looked tacky & confused people!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

The H Bar restaurant is a well presented modern restaurant with a carefully considered menu and is very convenient for those attending performances at the Colston Hall. Unfortunately, on the evening that we attempted to eat there, the service was both erratic and slow although the staff were friendly if somewhat inefficient. The food however was virtually inedible. It had been overcooked, lacked seasoning, bore only a passing resemblance to the description on the menu and was served at temperatures that would not be unusual in a nuclear reactor. As a result we did not eat a major part of the meal and were 15 minutes late for the concert. We are now trying to forget the whole experience.

1  Thank WyeKnot
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We decided to eat "in house" in Colston Hall before a show to have a relaxed evening. The restaurant was full, so we went downstairs to the H Bar Cafe.

Having order, and being assured that the food would be out in plenty of time for the show, we sat back and enjoyed some good wine and people watched. After 30 minutes, I asked one of the waitresses to check where our food was. She came back and mumbled something about the orders being along soon. When I asked her to check exactly when that would be, she went back to the kitchen, but then went straight behind the bar without coming back to us.

After another 15 minutes, I asked someone else, to be informed that all of the orders for the three tables around us had been lost - technology problems, apparanetly. When I pointed out that we had all been asking a number of times, we were told that our orders were being processed then and there.

Another 15 minutes went by and finally the food arrived - still no appology - cold and so salty we could not eat it - we also at this point had 10 minutes before the show started. The other two tables received no food at all, as they had to take their seats.

All in all a dreadful experiece and I would strongly recommend avoiding trying to eat here - there are plenty of other restaurants in the immediate area.