“charged me twice and not paid my money back”

Hari Krishna's Kitchen
Ranked #335 of 1,812 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I went there with my 3 year old daughter. Paid by card but I was told as the machine isn't working properly I should put my pin number again. I asked for the cancellation receipt and I was told that if they find at the end of the day that I have paid twice then they will pay me back. I was reluctant but the lady said that I can trust her. I came back home forgot about it and after 3 weeks checked my statement and found that they did charge me twice. I rang back and the lady said she realised the same day in the evening that I paid twice but she needed my card details and she will pay by Monday and I should ring back on Tuesday to confirm but I didn't receive anything in my bank. I rang back again and this time someone called Krishnan replied, he was incredibly rude, told me to send him the statement showing I have paid twice and when I said I am not impressed, he told me that they run a business and are not there to impress people!! I had to then spend time to sort out the print of my bank statement and sent it to him. He then said it was a mistake they made but demanded that I go back there in person with my card and he can only pay back on my card! I explained that I live quite far and it will cost me £20/- there and back which doesn't make any sense but he is adamant that he will only to pay back if I take my card to the restaurant!! Its their mistake not mine but I am asked to spend time to collect evidence and then on top of that travel there and back, spend time and petrol, to get my own money back? A complete rip off. Business should be closed.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

After about a year and a half of living in Bristol I’ve finally found a decent Indian restaurant. Shame it’s a long way from where I live. Great menu with interesting choices rather than the standard curry options. Friendly staff. We had a takeaway so can’t comment on eating in the restaurant itself but it looked nice.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Went in early on a Saturday evening it was all ready busy. A warm welcome an friendly smile, makes a difference. We ordered a chicken masala dosa an a Erachi Fry cubes of lamb onions an peppers. A spinach vada it was completely beautiful full of rich flavours an so light. We felt totally full but not over full as you can on some curry’s. We washed it down with tiger beer. Great service. An a warm atmosphere. It’s now my favourite place to go for a curry.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

My discovery of this restaurant was a real chance affair following a search on Google Maps for the timings of a nearby restaurant. Having clicked on their site and seeing their menu was far from the usual Indian fair decided to give them a try - a decision I'm certainly glad I took.
On reaching the restaurant I discovered I was the only customer there (this can be a bit disconcerting if you're not familiar with the restaurant) although two other parties arrived later on.
The welcome received was friendly and my order quickly taken - had previously decided what I was going to have. Whilst waiting for my masala dola starter, time to look at my surroundings. Whilst the tables were smartly attired the other furnishing seemed to be more in line with a takeaway establishment - it almost felt as if the place had changed from one to the other.
I also got the impression that during the evening / night it might be cold / draughty if you were seated by the tables close to the glass panelled front. There did appear to be a portable fan heater situated close by to resolve this.
Within a reassuringly length of time the dola arrived, with the accompanying sambar and chutney. Simply presented it was certainly enjoyable, with both the sides complementing the textures of the dola. A good omen for the main and one which proved well founded.
I had decided on the Kerala Fish Kootan (kingfish & green mango) with lemon rice. So nice to see an Indian restaurant offering seafood other than prawns and the dish was certainly flavoursome with the rice complimenting it well - I thought the size of the portion was fine and the additional ingredients made it more than just a plain lemon rice.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

On a rainy night, we opted to get a takeaway from this place, largely based on TA reviews. We went for a variety of dishes, some which we would have again and some that we would not (the onion pakodas were delicious but the vegetable platter was fairly bland - the chilli bhajis were exactly that!!). The mains were very good and the overall sense is that the food is very ‘clean’ (no unpleasant aftertaste). The meal was a little on the pricey side for a takeaway (£76) but on a night when you want to be inside and by a fire, it was just the ticket.