“Best Japanese food in UK”
Review of Yume Kitchen

Yume Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Yume Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #273 of 1,832 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2017

Can't fault this place - genuinely some of the best Japanese food I have come across. The tempura had the authentic taste you find in Japan, excellent aga dashi, seaweed salad well above average, perfect short grain rice. Staff are great.

1  Thank JamieTree

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I travel to Bristol from Jersey Channel Islands, and this is a must for me. To find a japanese retaurant that actually serves the genuine product is a rareity. I can not fault the food or service. They politly allow me to practise my Japanese also.

1  Thank Jasen
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Visited today for dinner, really lovely food at a great price. Super fresh and tasty throughout. Lovely staff and great service.
Will be back !

Reviewed 22 March 2017

I come here regularly with friends and family, for the best part of two years. I am always satisfied with the food quality and portion sizes. It's an understated place, Japanese run, and you'll be lucky to get a table if you have not booked.
They've started doing Deliveroo, which means sometimes you have to wait for food a bit more than normal, but when it does arrive, it is always perfect. They have two tasting boards of sakes, either of which I would recommend trying. You've not had miso soup until you've had it here.
It does get busy and sometimes there are only a few waitstaff around so service can fluctuate in promptness for orders.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Visited here as the restaurant we had planned to go to next door was full. I'd never been to a Japanese restaurant before and really enjoyed it. Had a hot flannel on arrival to wash our hands. We had prawn tempura, teriyaki chicken and pork Gyozia (boiled dumpling type things) and noodles which we managed with chop sticks. (the people next to us asked for cutlery but we didn't give in although we did find it tricky) We were amused that everything came in odd numbers, which was tricky for sharing.