“Best churros ever”
Review of Wahaca Bristol

Wahaca Bristol
Ranked #125 of 1,792 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Description: The creation of 2005 Masterchef winner Thomasina Miers, Wahaca brings the true taste of Mexico to the UK. Dispelling outdated stereotypes of tacky sombreros and sticky tex-mex, Wahaca is fresh and vibrant in their flavours, branding and thinking, having won many awards for their food, sustainability and design innovation. Check them out for the tastiest tacos on the Triangle.
Reviewed 25 April 2017

I went here for my 21st with my family and we all really enjoyed our meals. I had the pork pibil tacos and they were amazing. Then for dessert my sister and I had churros and they were definitely better than ones we'd had in other places. We found the service to be quick and friendly and the meal to be very good value for money.

1  Thank Nelly996
Steven R, Manager at Wahaca Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Hi Nelly996,

I'm delighted to read that not only did you love the food, but you also received fab service from our team too. Delicious, authentic Mexican food and awesome customer service is always something we strive to deliver so hearing that both of these were delivered on your visit is wonderful! :)

Please drop me a message on bristol@wahaca.co.uk next time you fancy coming in for a bite. Not only will I save you a table but also make sure you get a little treat from me.

Thank you for your lovely feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

Popped in on the Friday evening of the Easter Weekend with the wife and my brother. First time visit for me, went for a the street food option and shared amongst the three of us. Food quality good, one of the dishes a little greasy, but on the whole very tasty and sociable dining experience. Honey the waitress was attentive and personable. For a chain restaurant pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. Throughly recommend a visit!

1  Thank Richard B
Steven R, Manager at Wahaca Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Hi Richard B,

I'm so delighted to read that your overall Wahaca Bristol experience was so enjoyable. It certainly sounds like you not only sampled some delicious Mexican street food but also were well looked after by Honey. She is one of our longest serving members of the team and really understands how to deliver that WOW service we pride ourselves on.

Next time you fancy coming in for a bite, drop me a message on bristol@wahaca.co.uk and I'll save you a table. I will also make sure you get a little something from me.

Thank you for your fab feedback and we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Wahaca is fast becoming the place to meet up with a group of friends. We all share a love of tequila so that initially drew us in. I fell in love after the churros.

Service was great, with staff being very accommodating with a couple of requests to change an ingredient or two. Our waitress was good fun and very helpful, as a few members of the group had a few questions, and her recommendations spot on. Would definitely go again.

1  Thank Claire W
Steven R, Manager at Wahaca Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Hi there Claire W,

I'm so delighted we are proving to be a hit between you and your friends! Tequila is good a reason to visit us as any. As we only use 100% blue agave tequila you can guarantee you'll always be sipping on some of the finest stuff this side of Mexico.

Customer service plays a massive part in what we do here at Wahaca, so to read you were so greatly looked after by our team is awesome! :)

Drop me a message on bristol@wahaca.co.uk next time you'd like to come in and not only will I make sure we save you a table but also make sure you get a little treat from me.

Thank you for your fab review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Having come back from Las Vegas having tried tacos we decided to find somewhere locally. I was a bit worried because it's a chain but I shouldn't have been at all.
Absolutely loved the rustic look when we walked in. Staff were very friendly and helpful for us Wahaca virgins. Loved the fact that you can draw on the menu so that you can remember what you ordered. Absolutely loved the fish tacos, chicken quesadillas and the squid. We loved the squid so much we ordered extra portion. I loved that you could have a few different types and flavours of the Mexican street food. Would highly recommend wahaca and will definitely be back again soon.

1  Thank lawrencelins

Hi there lawrencelins,

WOW! What a delightful review, thank you :)

I'm so thrilled to read that you had such a pleasant experience with us recently. By the sounds of it you had the full package from awesome service from our wonderful team right through to scrumptious Mexican food which is fab! We always strive to deliver that WOW experience to everyone that walks through our doors so to read your visit was right on the mark is outstanding!

The squid was a personal favourite of not just mine, but everyone that ordered it. Sadly, it was one of our seasonal specials so for now it has come off the menu. Fear not, we do have some delicious new specials so make sure you come in and check them out :)

When you'd like to come in, message me on bristol@wahaca.co.uk and I'll get you a table saved and make sure you get a little something from me.

Thanks for your awesome feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

We popped in without booking, it was a busy early Saturday evening, and the staff could not have been more helpful, accommodating, and friendly. I've eaten a lot of Mexican and this place compares with the best. Lots of little plates of street food loveliness, with a chilli kick sprinkled across them all - tortilla soup, empanadas, tortillas, enchiladas, burritos, tiayuda, tostadas, tacos, taquitos - all outstanding. Wash it down with a mexican beer and a fine selection of tequilas. Bueno!

1  Thank Timothy N
Steven R, Manager at Wahaca Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2017

Hi Timothy N,

Thank you so much for such a delightful review! I'm thrilled to read you were so well looked after by the team throughout your time with us :)

By the sounds of it, you certainly sampled some wonderful dishes, a lot of my favourites too! The Tlayuda Chorizo, the newest of our specials, is simply divine! Did you know the queso fresco cheese we use on this comes from 'Gringa Dairy' which is an artisan dairy which specialise in making authentic Mexican cheese in a railway arch in South East London (Peckham to be exact). They use milk that is collected from the morning milking and transformed into really delicious cheese the very same day. YUM!

Next time you fancy coming in to grab a bite, drop me a message on bristol@wahaca.co.uk so i can be sure to save you a table and get a little something from me :)

Thank you once again, we look forward to seeing you again soon.