“Great beer and food”
Review of Heidrun

Heidrun
Ranked #23 of 237 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We went to Heidrun for lunch. We were greeted by a very pleasant bartender. The beer was fantastic - the Belching Beaver was well worth a try. Being regular visitors to Canada the French poutine was delicious as were the crab cakes and sausage rolls. Definitely recommend Heidrun for good quality food and beer.

Heidrun16, Supervisor at Heidrun, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

were happy to see that you are pleased with the staff, its always a very big compliment, and helps us want to be better at our jobs. We also hope the Poutine was as good as the real stuff over the pond! thank you kindly for the review and please come and visit us again!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This is my absolute favourite place to eat. The burgers are amazing. All the food I've tried has been brilliant TBH. Excellent selection of beer, it's always changing so there is something new to try. Nice atmosphere and the staff are friendly and helpful.

Were glad you enjoy coming to us! keep coming and we'll always have something new to offer you! thank you very much for the kind review it means a lot to us all here at Heidrun.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I come in every now and again when I can and every-time I've come in I've had a great experience here and generally really love coming In for some food and drinks, this evening was an exception. The manager on duty was one of the most arrogant people I've ever been unfortunate enough to meet.

When I arrived I was greeted pleasantly by a young bartender. I sat at the bar and asked to order some food and a beer. The response was that the manager had closed the kitchen early because "it had been a busy day and we only have 1 chef". I didn't make a fuss and enjoyed a beer anyway however felt that's a weak excuse to shut early.

The manager then proceeded to discuss (preach would be a better term) with other customers at the bar how unprofessional and badly run a neighbouring venue was managed very loudly and that he had previously worked there until recently. - very professional.

My friends then joined, one ordered a pint to which the manager loudly said to the staff member "make sure she pays for that" having never met or seen them before - slightly offensive. The other asked for a recommendation on wine to which the response was possibly the best I've ever heard "I don't know anything about wine, I don't even know why we stock it and I'm the manager".

There was no atmosphere with music randomly skipping style and genre and the lights were right up.

In all honest I love this bar but feel really disappointed with this visit. I wouldn't normally write a review but I feel this is something you need to address to keep your great standards consistent within the bar.

Heidrun16, General Manager at Heidrun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear sir, may I firstly apologise for the experience you had on your last visit with us. I am extremely saddened by what has occurred here. I can assure you this is not what we do. I have spoken with the team on duty about the emphasis of guest service. Please can you give me a call on 01494449692 so I can try and resolve this directly with you.
Again, please accept my sincere apologies, and I do hope to hear from you soon.
Warm regards

Paul

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Cannot recommend the menu here enough, wide range, and different but familiar food. Will be eating here a lot!

Heidrun16, Supervisor at Heidrun, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Short and sweet! thanks for the review! come back for more and we wont disappoint!

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I really want to love this place as it is just what Wycombe needs but I always end up leaving a little disappointed. The beer selection is fantastic and they will let you try before you buy, but if you want anything else I hope your pockets are deep. The wine list is extensive and interesting but oh so expensive. The cocktail list is a good mixture but would like to see some long drinks on this too. I haven't eaten here but the food does look great and i look forward to trying it soon. This place has a great atmosphere and a good mixture of clientele but I was really put off with the use of E Cigarettes inside including sat at the bar.

We understand your concern with the prices and appreciate you have brought this up. but in regards to the cocktails we have some good news! we are completely changing up the cocktail list and there are going to be a few long drinks in there too, so in future keep your eye out for the "elderflower collins" we have tested this drink out on a few customers and they LOVE it! and im sure you will do too! with the E-cigs, we ask customers to turn the voltage down on them so that they dont emit too much smoke to impose on other customers, we have had other customers bring this up and we will pursue this.

Thank you very much for the review and please come again soon to see our new menu!

Regards