“Great Value”
Review of The Works

The Works
Ranked #9 of 255 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Description: A family restaurant which is a place to meet, eat and treat for all ages. Serving savoury & sweet crêpes & waffles accompanied with cocktails, milkshakes and all sorts of fab delights! Come and try all of our ice cream we make on site - Served with a WOW Factor.
Reviewed 11 July 2017

We visited The Works as a large family group after a meal at Bluegrass, celebrating our adult son's birthday. Warm greeting from the tall man from Gdansk, who made sure we knew our way around the menu and had a few samples from the ice cream selection. Nice chilled atmosphere at 9pm. We went for sundaes, crepes, ice cream and waffles. Gluten-free is available for waffles and crepes which is just fantastic. I think the prices here are excellent, quality first-rate and it is hard to beat for breakfast, lunch or pudding in Wycombe. Good service. And we were not rushed! A really good end to a fun evening. We think this is a small business worth supporting, so that we get to enjoy it for years to come. Highly recommended. NB: The prosecco sorbet will not be around forever ladies and gentlemen ... just sayin'.

Date of visit: July 2017
Peter Z, General Manager at The Works, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear Carts123,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review about our restaurant on TripAdvisor. Being a new business we really value all comments from our guests, and I'm thrilled that yours are so positive. Obviously a lot of time and effort, by a lot of different people, went in to the menu, environment, service, presentation etc. and it feels with my great joy knowing that you and your family have enjoyed your experience so much.
I’m sure our entire team enjoyed catering you as much as you enjoyed your visit. Please do pop back in, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

The decor was modern, the restaurant roomy and the staff were really friendly. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy the caesar sauce in my crêpe at all, it over powered the whole thing and I left most of it. I didn't complain however, as my kids love the place and didn't want to spoil it for them! Next time I'll go sweet.

Date of visit: May 2017

Dear Burgertronette,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on 'The Works'. We are delighted that your kids love our place and I would like to thank you for pointing out the issue you had.
As a new business we really do appreciate any kind of feedback and will strive to resolve every issue to ensure that they aren't repeated.
Unfortunately in this case it will probably be your personal preference, we always offer the option to change the sauce that is served on our crepe's and waffles, just ask one of our team members next time you are in and they will make this possible.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing Sausage!!!! Beautiful restaurant, Beautiful Male Waiters and Beautiful sausages, Ginnie Cooper will defiantly be visiting again! The kind of place I want to book for my bar mitzvah! Highly recommend

Date of visit: July 2017
Peter Z, General Manager at The Works, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Ginnie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an amazing review on our restaurant. The whole 'Works Family' have made a real effort to make the environment exciting and comfortable for our guests and it's pleasing to know we have succeeded in doing so.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant for your bar mitzvah!

Reviewed 28 June 2017

Nice ice-cream with good and quick service. Crepes are always fresh and yummy!!
Much better then Treatz!!

Thanks!

R.

Date of visit: June 2017
Peter Z, General Manager at The Works, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear Richard H,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Delivering the WOW Factor is something we try tirelessly to make happen and it is so pleasing to know we are doing this. When it comes to ice cream, we take it very seriously, and the good news is that that we have some new and exciting flavours in our counter - so hope you will be back soon!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Lovely decorated place with fabulous and yummy ice-cream! It was time we had a place like this in Wycombe!

Date of visit: June 2017

Dear Georgiana L,

Thank you for such a positive review. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed so much our ice cream but also decor and we are glad to hear that we filled the gap and become a special place in Wycombe.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!