“I absolutely love this place......”
Review of The Wheel PH

The Wheel PH
Ranked #38 of 249 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Wheel is a traditional English Pub that dates back to the Late 1700's. We are situated in the heart of The Chilterns with great walks and very near Hughenden Manor. We are an award winning Real Ale Pub, that also has awards for food. The pub has two great gardens and also has a great smoking area. This traditional pub is dog friendly, muddy boot,family friendly and has great space for all your needs. You can get to us by bus from High Wycombe on the 300 bus route.
Reviewed 17 February 2016

I have been here for lunch several times now - the staff are friendly, welcoming and nothing is never too much trouble.
The first thing I noticed was the sign saying "muddy boots welcome" - this made me smile - as being out in the countryside, there are many hikers and cyclists (my husband being an avid cyclist), and I know that they are not always made to feel welcome when in need of some refreshments - well that certainly does not apply here!
The food has always been absolutely gorgeous, really fresh and ever so tasty - and the price is absolutely spot on!
This really is a recommendation as, nowadays, it is so very rare to find such great qualities in a rural pub/restaurant.

1  Thank Melbelle1971
mark c, Owner at The Wheel PH, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Popped in with my Dad and Nan one Friday lunchtime. The landlady and barmaid couldn't have been more welcoming. Really nice homely food at value for money - would definitely recommend. They were happy to do a smaller portion for my Nan as well. There were 3 real ales on, the two my Dad and I tried were excellent.
Two lovely pub dogs too!

Reviewed 6 February 2016

This is not a delightful building from the outside. However inside it is really great. We went for a family saturday lunch. The staff were genuinely welcoming and that continued throughout our stay. To be honest they were so delightful we would have forgiven them anything. But we didn't need to. The beer was good as was the food. All hand prepared and cooked, they really have a chef rather than a cook.

Can't recommend it too highly.

mark c, Manager at The Wheel PH, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review. I will ensure that I let the relevant staff know you comments.

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

We stumbled on this pub whilst we were looking for another pub! But after driving around we decided to stop and have a well earned drink.

We received a very warm welcome from the landlord who was outside at the time and he told us they were doing food if we decided to eat and that we could sit in restaurant or the bar. We ventured in and ordered our drinks and decided to sit in the bar. We got chatting to some friendly locals who were 'full of beans' so we decided to forget about the other pub and stay for something to eat. The food was excellent, I had a burger and my husband had the Ham, Egg and Chips. I don't understand the review about the burger bun as mine was lovely and fresh! The food came out promptly and the lady serving us was very friendly. My husband commented on how lovely the Guinness was and he's a hard man to please with Guinness.

We ended up staying a lot longer then we planned chatting away to everyone, time seems to fly by in there, and a taxi was needed to get home! All in all great pub and a fantastic find, we will be back.

mark c, Owner at The Wheel PH, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2016

Thank you for you review, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

We often travel and the Wheel is a great place to eat and drink after a tortuous journey. The welcome is always friendly, the beer is always good and it's a good plce to eat for pub favourites. Naphill is very lucky to have the Wheel.