“Amazing Sunday Roast”

Ranked #43 of 246 Restaurants in High Wycombe
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Foodie, friendly local serving quality, locally sourced food, both pub classics and seasonal specials. Dog FRIENDLY not just dog tolerant! Large sunny beer garden and kids play area.
Reviewed 29 July 2015

Amazing food and service. This is such a friendly pub, could not fault anything. Well done The Harrow. Looking forward to eating again there very soon

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

Came for meal as had driven passed this pub the night before for the first time and looked nice. The starter was lovely (baked camembert) but the main meals were a little dissapointing. Both had burgers but both were very dry and plain. No sauce inside and the baps were very hard. Couldn't eat with either hands or knife and fork. Staff were friendly and attentive. Am moving out of area soon so unlikely to be coming back, but don't think i would have anyway based on this experience.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

New to this area & visited before, which was great... so much so that we decided to come here for a celebration meal. Although the atmosphere is very pleasant & the staff friendly, we were disappointed as one meal arrived rather overcooked, and the substitute (although willingly provided) was over-salty. No-one followed up to make sure we were okay.... What a pity.
We will return, in the hope of repeating our first experience!

Reviewed 7 July 2015

It was my first visit and a friends birthday celebration's, in general the evening was great, the staff were friendly, efficient and the food was above average. There was only one problem the landlady was miserable, did not smile all evening, it was not only me that noticed this and as they say first impressions count, but not in this case. There was a group of at least 80 of us and this did not include regular locals, so I can only imagine the smile finally came when she cashed up. My advice would be to put on an act whilst serving your spending customers.

3  Thank Angela H
Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

Just been to The Harrow with my family. So glad we stopped here for lunch. A very friendly welcome in a very traditionally old pub serving great food.

We ordered drinks and set up at tab...shared some Moules Meunière for a starter - these were served with a slice of fresh bread and butter and were in a white wine liquor...for someone who has never really enjoyed Moules I would recommend theses-they were delicious.

My son and partner chose the Catch of the day...fish and chips. The fish was huge, the batter lovely and thin as well as crispy. The chips were very chunky and in their skins...they tasted good too...my son and partner would have preferred the French Fries with their fish...but that is just personal preference. Plenty of garden peas and homemade tartare sauce which was fresh and tangy.

I ate the Fish Cakes which came with French Fries and a mixed salad and side of Sweet Chilli Dipping sauce.

We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals. The portion sizes were generous and all the food I saw delivered to tables look appetising as well presented. The pub was getting busier when we left and most people were ordering food with their drinks.

Small play area in the garden and parking for cars at the rear. Dogs were welcome.

I would recommend taking some insect repellent next time as some tiny flies were out today...certainly didn't spoil the experience and to be expected on a hot July day in the countryside.

Thank you to all the staff - we will be back.