See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I wouldn't want to spend any daylight hours in the room. décor is dated. I don't know when the room was last decorated and they forgot to paint the window frames! Actually they forgot to clean the window frames and windows. I cant imagine when the nets were cleaned! facilities were very basic. Nothing good to say

Room tip: a quiet street but imagine you can feel the trains passing wherever you sleep
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here due to there being nothing else available in the area.
All other reviews about this "hotel" are correct.... Except for the ones who have anything nice to say about it, all I can say is that they would be happy to stay in a dog kennel !!!
Oh, the lady was nice.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 en route to somewhere else. Last minute booking made night before. Electric wiring not sufficient for using kettle to make tea. Had to move bed to plug kettle in. Bathroom and general decor needs overhauling. No breakfast included and found room rate to be high considering the lack of modern facilities. The only positive is free parking and proximity to train station. Thankfully only booked for 1 night.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Ok I booked this place as I'd been let down by onother place and the price of rooms in Reading were just ridiculace.

The rooms are ok, mine deco wise was strange but hey I wasn't buying the place, it was big enough and had a sink in it which was very useful. I also had a big ish tv with free view . My only bug bear was there isn't any WIFI , when I asked why I was told it was because it was and economy hotel, to me this was very short sighted as wifi is a must I it would have resulted in a repeat booking, some places just don't get it :(

Friendly staff though

Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank Globetrtter123
Reviewed 22 June 2012

High Wycombe is a notoriously expensive area to stay. This hotel is cheerful and cheap but it is pretty basic. As long as you are relaxed about that, then this is a good place for a night or two. There is a large car park and the road in front of the house is busy during the day but quiet at night.

The breakfast was good.

It was clean and a little hreadbare but I will be happy to stay there again when I am that way.

Room tip: Ask for a room that is not right next to the front door.
Date of stay: June 2012