See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Better than expected after reading reviews here. Yes it is all of those things, but actually its really not that bad. Great location, trains do not bother me, other than that, not heard a squeak. Friendly owner, bed is sh1t though, and WiFi would make a big difference.
All clean and tidy, and a tad cold but nothing to write a review over.

None of this really matters as this is the cheapest B&B around, what do you expect? If limescale or dated carpets send you crazy then spend £80 and go to Genericlodge, If you couldnt care less and want a cheap room for the night then here it is. The owner knows it and has plenty of trade seemingly so it makes perfect business sense when you think about it. People that pay £35 to stay here and then complain is just beyond me. Sorry!

That said one night will do me ta, I`m off to the Buckingham tomorrow

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank timmy8oy
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I wouldn't want to spend any daylight hours in the room. décor is dated. I don't know when the room was last decorated and they forgot to paint the window frames! Actually they forgot to clean the window frames and windows. I cant imagine when the nets were cleaned! facilities were very basic. Nothing good to say

Room tip: a quiet street but imagine you can feel the trains passing wherever you sleep
Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here due to there being nothing else available in the area.
All other reviews about this "hotel" are correct.... Except for the ones who have anything nice to say about it, all I can say is that they would be happy to stay in a dog kennel !!!
Oh, the lady was nice.

Date of stay: February 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 en route to somewhere else. Last minute booking made night before. Electric wiring not sufficient for using kettle to make tea. Had to move bed to plug kettle in. Bathroom and general decor needs overhauling. No breakfast included and found room rate to be high considering the lack of modern facilities. The only positive is free parking and proximity to train station. Thankfully only booked for 1 night.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Ok I booked this place as I'd been let down by onother place and the price of rooms in Reading were just ridiculace.

The rooms are ok, mine deco wise was strange but hey I wasn't buying the place, it was big enough and had a sink in it which was very useful. I also had a big ish tv with free view . My only bug bear was there isn't any WIFI , when I asked why I was told it was because it was and economy hotel, to me this was very short sighted as wifi is a must I it would have resulted in a repeat booking, some places just don't get it :(

Friendly staff though