“Smelled so good we had to try it! Best Mexican food in Europe so far.”
Review of Nanna Mexico

Nanna Mexico
Ranked #172 of 715 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Nanna Mexico was founded in 2005 to provide a healthy, affordable and delicious alternative to traditional fast foods. By using only the freshest ingredients, Nanna Mexico creates classic Mexican favourites like tacos, burritos, quesidillas and nachos. The Nanna Mexico lunch van visits business parks in and around the region Monday-Friday. On 5th May 2014, Nanna Mexico opened it's second restaurant in Cambridge at 29 Petty Cury and now the third one in Norwich, serving the same Mexican favourites as the Regent Street branch. We hope you visit soon.
Reviewed 10 February 2016

It was a quarter to 11 in the morning as my daughter and I walked past. The rich aroma of meats and chili peppers stopped us, we paused and looked at each other as we enjoyed the amazing smell of a West Texas, Northern Mexico kitchen. Ten minutes later, we decided we were too hungry to continue at the mall, and we returned. Having living on the Continent, I had given up on ever finding Mexican food in Europe that wasn't a disappointment. Inside, I was ecstatic, I could taste the flavor in the air. I asked if we could order lunch already, as they were serving a breakfast menu and I was happy to hear the two ladies speak Spanish with a Mexican accent. They agreed, the Carnitas weren't quite ready, but everything else was. I had a big-xss burrito with Chicken, my daughter, always picky went with a safe Quesadilla with Port Belly. The prices were good for Cambridge, and England. The portions were large for Europe. I was satisfied. It wasn't the best Mexican food I have ever eaten, but so far it is the only Mexican Restaurant in Europe I would even recommend to anyone.

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

Always friendly and the food is great just so hard to choose what to have, so I'm working my way down the menu.
I love the chipotle sauce the do, you have to ask for it and can take the bottle to the table.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

ordered to go and decided to pick a bench behind the restaurant in a nice field outside.I chose steak burrito tasted absolutely lovely fab Mexican food

Reviewed 19 December 2015

A lovely little hole in the wall selling generous portions of tasty slow cooked Mexican food. Located in the middle of a shopping area in Cambridge it has a very convenient location. I've been here several times and have always been served quickly by a friendly staff. Lots of room upstairs to eat, the one toilet is very small (I'm 6'3") located under the stairs. It's equivalent would be Chipotle but it's actually run by Mexicans. Nice green sauce, spicy enough to compliment the food but not too much to give diminishing returns. The only place I've seen in the UK that sells actual Tortas. The guacamole is better than average, no cheap filler, 100% avacado. The rice was a let down, it would be nice to have actual Mexican rice. I usually have the carnitas when I go, nice and juicy, slow cooked goodness. As an ex-pat Arizonan it hits the spot whenever I visit Cambridge.

Reviewed 12 December 2015

We were recommended this restaurant by a friend and were very excited to try it - particularly as it has a five pound student deal. We ordered the meal deal - and were recommended by the main server to choose the "very good lamb". When we got to the counter we were charged extra 1 pound each for the lamb in both burritos. The server apologized when questioned about it - but did not offer to give it to us for the student deal price. It was clear that recommending it was a good way for him to hike up the price of the meal. The sauces and guacamole, as well as the sour cream all cost extra too. As a student - this makes all the difference. We will not be going back.

1  Thank orangeleaves