“Best True Mexican Food in Cambridge”
Review of Nanna Mexico

Nanna Mexico
Ranked #155 of 740 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Nanna Mexico was founded in 2005 to provide a healthy, affordable and delicious alternative to traditional fast foods. By using only the freshest ingredients, Nanna Mexico creates classic Mexican favourites like tacos, burritos, quesidillas and nachos. The Nanna Mexico lunch van visits business parks in and around the region Monday-Friday. On 5th May 2014, Nanna Mexico opened it's second restaurant in Cambridge at 29 Petty Cury and now the third one in Norwich, serving the same Mexican favourites as the Regent Street branch. We hope you visit soon.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I live in Arizona, so Mexican food is a staple for me. Nanna's is the best I can find in Cambridge. Nothing fancy, just good food.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We have just had a deliveroo arrive from these guys, more than half the order was missing, when we phoned to inform them they could not have cared less. PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS, THE SERVICE IS SHOCKING!!!!!

Juan Y, Owner at Nanna Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Hi Edd,
I'm really sorry to read about your experience, after saying sorry I can tell you that we delegated all our deliveries to deliveroo and that way we are not able to sort some issues. For example if you had a problem with an order you have to call them in order to cancel it, get a refund or have a new one for free. Unfortunately you didn't got the attention you deserve so please if you can drop me an email with the details of your order and the day you called so I can act in consequence. Thanks and all the best. juan@nannamexico.com

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Good food but appalling service (this was on a Sunday night at 8.45). Very slow to make the burritos - answered a personal phone call halfway through with no apology afterwards.

Paid £9.48 for a drink and a burrito - after payment I realised that I could have got chips and a dessert for 52p more. I was annoyed that the cashier hadn't told me this when I was paying, and she wouldn't go the extra mile to take the 52p in coins that I offered after the payment. I understand that these things can be difficult with tills to sort out, but it was nonetheless really jarring as she had simply expected me to be an expert on the menu, and I ended up getting a bad deal as a result.

Juan Y, Owner at Nanna Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Hi Will,
Hope you're fine and please accept my apologies for your experience, I understand your frustration and taking a personal call is unacceptable moreover without an apology.
Regarding the £10 deal, I'm really sorry you didn't find it clear and the staff didn't explained to you. The £10 pound deal includes a regular burrito (lamb, steak, jarritos and extras are not included) , drink, chips & dessert.
If you paid 9.48 for a burrito and drink you probably got steak or lamb, sour cream or chipotle and Jarritos as a drink. With the deal that would cost £12.30.
Thanks in advance and sorry again for the lack of explanations.
If you like to have a talk please don't hesitate to drop me an email to juan@nannamexico.com. Thanks

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Very fast and friendly service. Amazing tasting and looking food ! Good value for the amount you get. I recommend the nachos ! As you can see in my picture they are mouthwatering as well as the burritos. Definitely recommend for a quick lunch.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

They advertise the "Big A** Burrito". Very disappointing. Soggy and not much flavor. In Texas or Arizona this would be bottom of the barrel Mexican food but then England is a long way from Mexico so expectations weren't very high to start with.

Hi fist64149,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience, We are Mexicans so we are not offering Tex-Mex. All our recipes are from Mexico like our "Nanas" used to cook. We've been here for 12 years and we take care a lot about our quality and flavours, so if you could tell me more about your experience I would be grateful (staff who served you, food you had, etc), please don't hesitate to drop me an email to juan@nannamexico.com and I'll try to make it up to you.
Thanks in advance