3 people are viewing this hotel
US$150
PricelineUS$166
Hotels.comUS$167
Trip.comUS$167
All reviews station car park secret escapes beautiful hotel comfortable bed shower cap building work minute walk botanical gardens huge bed walk in shower nespresso machine first floor breakfast service bottle of prosecco public areas front of house city centre
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2021

On arrival reception staff pleasant and informative, check in was quick and easy,
Went down for evening meal which was set menu (festive) average, starter was small with finger size pieces of toast..... No proseco was offered which sh

Date of stay: November 2021
Tyler Roy, Guest Services / Front Office at Clayton Hotel Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2021

Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our hotel, and that overall is was a pleasant experience for you. I am especially pleased to hear that the reception staff provided quality service on check in. I am however, sorry to hear that you had some issues with the evening meal. But we appreciate you drawing this to our attention so we can identify, address and improve on any issues our hotel is faced with and we would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future to demonstrate this to you.

Reviewed 27 November 2021 via mobile

I’m extremely disappointed to have found my room to be well below the standards I would expect from a 4* hotel. Not only were the sideboards extremely dusty but there was long blond hair stuck to the side wall of the shower, my wife has purple hair and hadn’t used the shower at this point (picture below).

We have dealt with the issues above personally however even at the groupon rate I wouldn’t of expected to of been cleaning my own room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tyler Roy, Guest Services / Front Office at Clayton Hotel Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2021

Dear AW1985,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review of our hotel. I would like to sincerely apologise for the experience you had during your stay. The problems you encountered fall well below our standards and this is not the level of service we aim to provide at the Clayton Hotel. I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback so we can identify these issues and ensure they are not repeated. We would love to welcome you back to the hotel to demonstrate that your experience was an outlier and not typical of a guest at our Hotel.

Reviewed 22 November 2021 via mobile

After reading the positive reviews I booked a night away for my boyfriend and I.
The hotel is about a one minute walk from the station, not that you would hear anything from your room. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated and the festive features made us get into the spirit. The check in was painless, and the executive suite was lovely, I’ve never had such a nice bed in a hotel room! I booked one with a balcony although it didn’t look out onto much, but still an added touch. I liked the free soft drinks in the mini bar, and the shower was great, rituals miniatures and great little added touches in the room with the phone and radio. The only downside was that our coffee machine was broken which we didn’t realise until first thing in the morning, we did let reception know so hopefully it can be fixed for the next person who stays there! The breakfast itself was lovely, although it would have been nice to have a choice of eggs.
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk into the main bit of Cambridge. I am so happy I booked here and would not hesitate to return!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear BeckysE8894QT,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review of our hotel. It was an absolute pleasure to read your comments, and I am so thrilled to hear that you intend to return, I am so pleased that the decor, location and breakfast were all to your liking! This is the kind of stay aim to provide to all of our guests and I am so pleased we were successful in your case. We would love to welcome you back to the hotel, and look forward to doing so.

Thanks again for your time,

Reviewed 17 November 2021

We booked the groupon offer and it far exceeded our expectations , from arriving to such friendly staff and early check in , free drink on arrival fabulous food and service and late check out we couldn’t fault it at all which to be honest is rare these days . We definitely will return .

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Tyler Roy, Guest Services / Front Office at Clayton Hotel Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2021

Dear tweekyk,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review of our hotel. We really appreciate you sharing this experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that the staff and service left such an impression and we would love to welcome you back to hotel in the future.

Thanks Again!

Reviewed 15 November 2021

My wife and I had a really nice weekend in Cambridge and during which we stayed in the Clayton Hotel Cambridge. The room that we were given was spotless and of a good size. The staff were helpful and the location is within a short walk of the central area, the river and also the Botanic gardens. Highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2021
Tyler Roy, Guest Services / Front Office at Clayton Hotel Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2021

Dear Twows1j,

We at the Clayton Hotel are so thankful to you for taking the time to leave such an amazing review of our hotel. We are so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your weekend away! We are particularly pleased that the room and staff left such an impression on you and we would love to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.