“Authentic Spanish Tapas, on Green Street.”
Review of Tabanco

Tabanco
Ranked #215 of 742 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Tabanco serves an up-to-date Spanish menu in true Andalucian charm and is the sister restaurant to Drakes Tabanco (London) - described by Masterchef Judge, William Sitwell, as "...beautiful, go there and spread the word." Open from morning til late 7days per week, serving the finest Andalucian-inspired tapas, award-winning wines, Jerez, gins & beers.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is a great spot to meet, eat, chat, learn about Spanish wine.
You feel very welcome at any time of day, be it for a glass of something, a cup of very good coffee, or tapas.
Modern comfortable interior,
Great ceviche , great olives, great almonds.
Most of all, everything is reasonable priced and served with a smile.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Today I had the best time and dinner that I’ve ever had at Cambridge! The customer service is outstanding and I’m very impressed with Pedro and Carlos, restaurant manager and restaurant sommelier. They were attentive, entertaining and knowledgeable. This is Finally the Spanish tapas restaurant that Cambridge needs. Nice food and nice quality which make you feel like you are in Spain!
Highly recommend to everybody! Wish I could give them 6 stars!
We will definitely be back soon!

1  Thank Roi R
Reviewed 24 March 2018

It is good that we finally have a restaurant with an Spanish atmosphere. It felt comfy, with Spanish music on the background,Jamon Serrano hanging from the ceiling... . I had Pimientos del Padron and Presa Iberica with a glass of Tempranillo wine, which were just perfect, like I really was in Spain. It is a lovely place to gather some friends just for some tapas with a beer or a glass of wine that you can get as an aperitivo before lunch or dinner. Cambridge needed such a place like it.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for the first time as my gf is from spain. What a place! LOVELY decor, homely, feel good
Choice of wine and the food well very very nice. We had 5 different tapas to share and a dessert. The jamon croquettas, patatas bravas, chorizo and jamon board with bread amazing. My gf loved it, very simple, authentic and tasty.
All though very expensive. 3 small croquettas between 2 of us. We had 1.5 each, the size of my index finger for nearly £6. it's a lot of money being students. Would of been nice to maybe have some deals being cambridge and a city with a lot of young people.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I am Spanish and have been eating tapas in many places; so I know what I am talking about. The size of the tapas are ok (for the concept of a 'tapa') however the price of it is really high.
The octopus (Pulpo a la gallega; as we call it in Spain) was around 12.5£ for a tapa... Wild meat with sauce (Presa Ibérica con salsa romeresco) was 9.5£.
The prices are really off for the quantity of the dish. We paid around 40£ (two people, with one wine and juice) and we were not full at all.
I know this is Cambridge and not Spain; so the prices are higher but you can have a meal in many places around for less that gets you full.

I hope the managers will review the prices if they don't want to end up like 'salt and pig' again...

5  Thank Fernando3014