US$242
US$213
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 04/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$204
US$170
Holiday Inn Cambridge(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$108
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
US$327
US$231
  • Restaurant
Cambridge City Tenison Towers(Cambridge)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$184
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
2,646 results
All reviewsrooftop barvalet parkingthe riverfloor to ceiling windowssenior fellowsilly coffeeroof gardenboutique hotelfifth floorvalet servicemagdalene collegehotel guestslovely hotelking roomcooked breakfastlovely roomcentral location
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The last day of my vacation was in Cambridge and I’m glad that I had chosen Varsity Hotel & Spa to stay in. From the first minute I came in I have been positively surprised by very warm attitude of the employees at reception. Isabella and her companion at morning shift were super friendly and helpful. As I came before the “check in” the I had to leave my bags and go for the walk in the city. When I came back my bags were already in the room.
The room was a little bit small, but clean, comfortable and tastefully decorated. I loved that there was a computer in the room if guests needed to work.
The hotel is located in the vicinity to the campus, restaurants and shops. Especially I liked the terrace bar of the hotel where you can see the city panorama.
I would definitely come back, and recommend this place to my friends and family.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for my partner's birthday and were given a free upgrade to a lovely big room. Its location was perfect right by the river. We went up to the bar on the roof and it was so relaxing with great cocktails and views- a real treat. We also had breakfast in the restaurant the next day which was also very picturesque. The staff were friendly and professional- we had a problem with the air con in our room making noises, so they let us move to another room free of charge and didn't bill us for our drinks on the roof. Also you can use the sauna/steamroom and jacuzzi in the gym next door which was wonderful and quiet- felt like our own personal spa as there was no one around!

Room Tip: 414 had a funny sounding aircon but they were fixing that as soon as we reported it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If visiting Cambridge this is a must ! - A drink on the roof-top terrace with views across the city and the tree-line is amazing. The atmosphere on the terrace is relaxed and the attention to service by the hotel & bar staff was excellent, the best customer service I have experienced for quite a while. I will be returning to eat in the restaurant SIX on my next visit. Had a fantastic afternoon, enjoying the drinks, views & sunshine.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed for just one night on a business trip and was driving to the hotel. There is no obvious parking nearby but they do offer valet parking for £20/night which I elected to use. You just pull up in front of the hotel, which is a bit of a challenge as it’s on a narrow street on a crossroads and there was another car already there when I arrived, and then go into reception where they arrange to park your car very quickly so in the end it wasn’t too much of an issue.

The reception area is small and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The room I was in was one of their cheaper ones but it was a good size, very well decorated and clean.

I didn’t use the restaurant for an evening meal but did go to the bar on the 6th floor which had excellent views across Cambridge. Above this is a roof terrace which had even better views.

I opted for the continental breakfast which was served on the 6th floor, which was more than adequate, and again the staff were very friendly and helpful.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the city centre so couldn’t be better located.

I’d arranged to get my car at 7:30 in the morning so when I went down it was already there waiting for me.

Overall a very well equipped hotel with excellent staff in a great location so would definitely recommend this hotel particularly for a weekend break or similar.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been to many rooftop bars on my travels and sometimes the staff can be a bit sniffy, as if you don’t belong.
Not so at The Varsity - we were welcomed with a warmth along with everyone else and enjoyed a cocktail and a beer with some great views on Cambridge.
Would definitely return on the basis of the warm welcome, and the fab mojito!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple