6 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$365
Hotels.comUS$365
PricelineUS$364
CheapTicketsUS$365
Orbitz.comUS$365
Trip.comUS$365
3,451 results
All reviews roof terrace valet parking the river floor to ceiling windows senior fellows illy coffee elemis toiletries boutique hotel valet service top floor four poster bed lovely hotel cooked breakfast lovely room central location car park stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From reception to the spa, to the riverside bar, to the breakfast-table - every staff member was really friendly and personally engaging - a team of the nicest people I've ever seen in a hotel. Room was immaculate, food very nice. The location is awesome and the valet-parking heads off any inconvenience of coming by car. The spa was busy - understandable on one of the first weekends after lockdown - but i look forward to coming back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Delighted to return to the Varsity Hotel, without any question the best hotel in Cambridge. Great rooms full of character, really helpful staff, super food and terrific views from the top floor restaurant all combine to make this an outstanding hotel. I have stayed several times before and have already booked to stay again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not quite sure why this place has such brilliant reviews, it’s an ok hotel, for me this place doesn’t have the wow factor. Yes, it’s in the centre, yes the staff are friendly but I would expect that anywhere I stayed. The reception area is small, there is no guest lounge to relax in, the spa is next door so you have to go out the hotel to enter it. The rooms are ok, we had a fellows room which is one up from the graduate room, for the price of the room it’s not exceptional, view overlooking buildings opposite, only 1 chair in room, bit of mould in the bathroom. Continental breakfast included in room rate, they charge extra if you want cooked breakfast. Had lunch in restaurant, tables packed closely together, as in most restaurant hotels overpriced but food was ok, had the pork belly, you have to pay extra for potatoes and veg! Parking is £25 per day. All in all was quite disappointed in this hotel and will definitely not return.

Room tip: Find a hotel outside the town with free parking and get a bus in.
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank chelsea661
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just had a two day stay at The Varsity Hotel. Our first visit to Cambridge an amazing vibrant City. So full of Character , History , and enjoyable experience.

The staff at The Varsity where extremely helpful professional and a pleasure to deal with. The bedroom was first class and made extra special for us to celebrate our wedding anniversary. ( Red rose petals arranged and a beautiful small chocolate cake was waiting for us )

The breakfast was very good and the beautiful views out of the large windows was a delight. The Six floor roof top bar is well worth a visit and a lovely place to have a cocktail or two.....a very good range of cocktails to chose from.

All in all I would highly recommend The Varsity Hotel and hopefully shall return soon.

Room tip: Room 111 . Superb roll top bath and large walk in shower. Large bathroom and super comfy bed......
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I booked The Varsity Hotel & Spa for me and my partner as a birthday surprise for him, and I couldn't have picked a better place! From the moment we walked in we felt so welcome, and each staff member we spoke with was very friendly and attentive.
We were given a complimentary room upgrade on arrival which was a really nice surprise, the room was quite spacious and the bathroom lovely too. The continental breakfast included with the room rate was really nice, and had a good selection to choose from. As well as also offering a cooked breakfast menu at an extra cost. It is held in the Six Restaurant, on the 6th floor, so you can enjoy breakfast with a great view of Cambridge.

I booked us the Spa Escape Combination package, which included a 40 minute massage and 40 minute facial. I didn't get the names of the 2 girls who did our treatments, but they were both so lovely and we felt so relaxed. As part of the stay you automatically get access the Spa & Gym facilities, I only wish we used them more! After our treatments we enjoyed some time in the jacuzzi which has a nice little view of the River, and you can watch people going past on the little boats!

On the evening we went to The River Bar Steakhouse & Grill, again, I really cannot fault our experience. The staff were great and very attentive; we only had a slight issue with my partners steak being overcooked. However, when we mentioned this to our waitress, I believe it was the manager who came over after, and took the steak away and had another one on the table within a few minutes, cooked exactly to his liking. I think because of this they discounted our bill which we really did not expect, but it was really appreciated. Would definitely visit again!

We checked out with a lovely girl named Stella, who was very friendly and made sure we enjoyed our stay. We called down to Reception half an hour before we checked out as we used the Valet service, and our car was ready and waiting for us by the time we got down stairs.

The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was that the Roof Terrace Bar was not open both evenings we tried to go up, obviously I know this is down to Weather conditions and out of anyone's control. Hopefully, if we stay again we will be able to go up and enjoy the great panoramic views I have read about!

Overall, we had an amazing stay, and I would definitely stay again if coming to Cambridge.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple