6 people are viewing this hotel
Autograph
PricelineUS$226
Hotels.comUS$226
ZenHotels.comUS$251
All reviews terrace suite head concierge beautiful hotel parkers piece wonderful room superior room luxury hotel an upgrade valet parking regent street fantastic stay lovely city front of house location is excellent weekend break biscuits stayed for two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 January 2020 via mobile

We had a lovely one-night stay. The hotel is very tastefully designed; it fits Cambridge well, emphasizing the blue color that seems to be a symbol of the university and city. The hotel s well situated to explore the town.

As a Bonvoy Titanium member, I received a complimentary upgrade to a larger room with a view—though not a suite. I had emailed a few days prior to check in and requested a room with a bathtub; they replied saying they would try to accommodate me at check in. They did, indeed, try to find a room with a bathtub at check in, but all were taken (there was a law firm retreat of some sort at the hotel). It would have been nice if they could have set aside a room with a bathtub since I asked in advance, and if they had, it would have been a five-star stay.

The breakfast in the restaurant was delicious, and much better than what I had a few days later at a luxury hotel in London.

I would highly recommend the University Arms for anyone staying in Cambridge.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank joshuaw835
IanJamesGM, General Manager at University Arms Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear joshuaw835,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you had a lovely stay and enjoyed the breakfast.

We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 19 January 2020

The hotel is in lovely shape. Attractive and well thought out. Staff quite polite and helpful. Everything clean and comfortable.

Rooms can be on the small side. Fine for one night but not a long stay.

Room tip: Try to get a view of the park if you can.
Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank NYCDesign78
IanJamesGM, General Manager at University Arms Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Dear NYCDesign78,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at University Arms. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2020

Today I visited the University Arms with my mother for afternoon tea which was part of her Christmas present. The food was super and the service was excellent. Emon was very attentive and keen to ensure our visit was a memorable one. Thank you so much

Dear Greg K,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am very happy to hear that Emon met your needs and expectations and that your visit was a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 January 2020

I stayed here with my wife for a one night escape from the kids before Christmas and we both really enjoyed it (as we have when we've stayed here previously). The staff are excellent- just the right level of helpfulness without being intrusive. The rooms very well decorated with really comfortable beds. Food in Parker's Tavern was very good including breakfast.

Room tip: Higher rooms have better views!
Date of stay: December 2019
IanJamesGM, General Manager at University Arms Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear jmscam,

Thank you very much for sharing such a positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed every stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Great place to collapse after a show at the theatre on a Saturday as they have a wonderful bar area. Another room has squashy sofas and beautiful hard back books to skim - this is Cambridge after all. It's a great hotel all round.
I did find it a bit strange that they only did normal tonic (no elderflower which is the best). No lemon tonic or bitter lemon (note that bitter lemon is the same thing as lemon flavoured tonic). Everywhere else seems to stock the whole lot so odd that they only did tonic flavour tonic only.
When I later asked for a Whiskey Mac (OK not everyone has both gin and whiskey in the same sitting but it was a Saturday) I was told that they did not have 'one of the ingredients'. Given that a Whiskey Mac only has 2 ingredients, my sleuthing skills suggested that they had no ginger wine.
So maybe wise up on the mixers?
Otherwise lovely.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank HelenHelen123123
IanJamesGM, General Manager at University Arms Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear HelenHelen123123,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback..

I am glad to hear that your overall experience at Parker's Tavern was a positive one. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.