2 people are viewing this hotel
Autograph
Expedia.comUS$190
Hotels.comUS$190
ZenHotels.comUS$214
All reviews terrace suite head concierge beautiful hotel parkers piece wonderful room superior room luxury hotel an upgrade valet parking regent street fantastic stay lovely city front of house location is excellent weekend break biscuits stayed for two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2021 via mobile

Went for 55th anniversary meal
Cosy room over looking a building
Site with noise to wake you up!

Restaurant served stale bread and
cold mash so left before it got worse!

Not an experience we want to repeat
at their prices.Nothing special about
the place!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Camper62372586248
Ian James, General Manager at University Arms Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2021

Dear Camper62372586248,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at University Arms.

I am naturally disappointed to read that your experience with us did not live up to your complete satisfaction and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise. I believe that you met our Restaurant Manager and the Duty Manager upon check out. Rest assured our Director of Food and Beverage has been informed to investigate further your comments.

We hope to welcome you back to better your experience..

Reviewed 22 November 2021

We only spent one night but it was a good experience, we had a nice spacious room overlooking the park, comfortable bed, good bathroom facilities.
Parking under the hotel is limited and is £40 per day.
The bar had a nice atmosphere. Breakfast was OK a good cold buffet but some of the hot options were a bit tired.
Good service, v helpful concierge.

1  Thank William L
Ian James, General Manager at University Arms Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2021

Dear William L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm looking forward to welcoming you back soon at University Arms and Parker's Tavern.

Reviewed 17 November 2021 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while on a solo road trip.
I know Cambridge as I used to live there so was familiar with the area.
I parked in a nearby NCP car park over the road from the park as the hotel car park was busy.
It’s a lovely stroll over the park so no bother.

Check in was professional though very slow.

I booked their cheapest room which to be fair was very lovely - it was just kissing a view. I fear it may have been a little on the small side for two adults though. However that said most people tend to drop off their bags and head out anyway. So it’s perfect for that’s

I drank and ate in the bar spot sightseeing and shopping - by the way - you can’t fault the location. It’s spot on. Very central.

The cocktail menu was decent and the food good but again the cocktail service was very slow and the barman was coughing and spluttering - never a good sign.

The room was cosy and quiet in the night.

I would stay again with my partner but would treat myself to a larger room overlooking the park.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Ian James, General Manager at University Arms Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2021

Dear James_j_coe,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly the location. Our locations is definitely one of the things we are very proud of about our hotel. We are so lucky to have a property in the heart of Cambridge and a very strategic location that brings our guest just a few steps away from must-see attractions.

I also very much appreciate your feedback about the areas that did not live up to your complete satisfaction. Your feedback helps us constantly improve our customer experiences by knowing what we are doing right and what we can work on.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Cambridge.

Reviewed 15 November 2021 via mobile

Cambridge is amazing. It’s my favourite city outside of London. The hotel staff are efficient, friendly and extremely helpful. It’s in the best location to walk around and easily accessible from the park and ride bus service. Room lovely, breakfast excellent. Cannot fault it.

Room tip: Breakfast gets busy but can pre-book
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ian James, General Manager at University Arms Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2021

Dear Tiptreejam,

Thank you for providing us with such wonderful feedback following your recent stay with us at University Arms.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am thrilled in particular to read that the staff were friendly and helpful.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to University Arms in many occasions.

Reviewed 15 November 2021 via mobile

Good location, good style and decoration.
However, the service was terrible, attitude of the staff has disappointed me. It was the worst service I’ve ever had and it appears to be a five star hotel. Definitely not worth this price.
Never visit again although it is beautiful.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank csncc

Dear csncc,

I am naturally disappointed to read that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise . My team take great pride in providing exceptional service in all areas of our operation and it is most concerning that you did not find this to be the case.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back, so we can provide you with the exceptional experience that our guests have come to expect from us.