“great host Marek”

Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Last saturday evening me and my friends decided to try some mexican food here in Cambride so we went to Las Iguanas pretty optimistic. It was super busy but from the beginning we found an eye contact with Marek and he took care of us for the whole evening. I don't really like loud and crowdy restaurants cuz usually you have to wait for ages and staff is running all over the place asking questions. I was surprised this time it was different. Marek recommended us great dishes and coctails so we were all satisfied. I ordered gambas as a starter and chicken fajitas and found it delicious. Marek was great- funny and work hard to make all of us happy eventhou there were many big groups in a room. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Come in with a group of 15! We have been served by Morek ! Such a lovely person he was ! We have been all very demanding and I really apologise for that . However we have all been demanding , Morek was very patient and always respond to our needs . Besides, he engaged conversation with every single person of the group ! We all love it ! He's been very funny. Thanks Morek for this evening , you made this it special ! We are happy we made a friend this night. We'll all definitely be back SOON .

Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

Went here for a friend's leaving meal, food is really bad. I got a bad tummy when I came home, waitress was nice but it took over an hour for the food to arrive and we were all so hungry we just ate it.
Would not go back for dinner maybe drinks

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

We often eat here great atmosphere and fresh tasty food! Service is friendly and personnel, and buy one get one free on cocktails! Location is fantastic especially in the summer time!

Reviewed 17 January 2017

My daughter's friend booked her 17th birthday meal here last Saturday. When she arrived she was told she was late and she had to eat her meal and be out by 8:15 at the very latest. There was no welcome or mention of "happy birthday". She had booked for 17 a while ago and had checked the time by telephone on the day - so she was not late. The orders were taken and food arrived. The waitress did not come back to the table until the bill had to be paid. Drinks were not served during the meal so you had to leave the table and queue at the bar. Noone came over to ask if everything was OK and whether they wanted anything. When they paid up they were told they had to pay the (optional) service charge. The service was as bad as you can imagine so they didn't think a large service charge was justified. On the bill it said "optional". The waitress said it was not optional - you pay regardless of bad service. The group did not have time for a dessert and did not like being rushed out of the restaurant. I think the food was OK but I would never go to this restaurant for any special occasion. I am investigating whether it is legal to put an optional service charge on a bill and then demand payment. The group were ushered out with not even a think you or a sorry for ruining their evening. Terrible.

1  Thank Jeff_Chapman