3 people are viewing this hotel
US$165
Free cancellation until 11/12/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$165
Free cancellation until 11/12/21
Trip.com
US$156
Hotels.comUS$165
PricelineUS$165
eDreamsUS$165
1,246 results
All reviews cellar bar cinema suite valet parking monsoon shower roll top bath birthday treat reception staff special occasion a lovely stay lovely room stayed here for one night cooked breakfast city centre bistro hdv toiletries university
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 November 2018 via mobile

Just got home from a lovely night away here. Beds are comfy, rooms well equipped and the valet parking great. You just leave it outside the door and they take it away. Although £30 for overnight and the two days made me gulp, this is good value for the area and so convenient. The decor was so dark and a little oppressive for me but added to the arty vibe I quess. We had a great time and the city is just there outside the front door.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WesleyR1086, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2018

Hi Kelly G

We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us in Cambridge and that you found our valet service a bonus.

We hope to see you again soon in Cambridge.

Reviewed 25 November 2018

We stayed for one night in November.
After a days shopping in lovely Cambridge we thought that we would stay in a period hotel.
We arrived at the Hotel and taken to our outside room. The first impression was nice but very cold. The heating hadn't been put on. So eventually after the phone not being answered and having to keep running to reception we gave up and went to dinner at the Bistro half an our late. Food very average.

On going back to our room an electric heater had been put in, and was warmer.
Unfortunately our room joined the smoking area and we had noise until 12pm when it stated that it would stop at 11am.
Bathroom also not that clean.
It such a shame as we would liked to have used this hotel on more that one occasion.

Date of stay: November 2018
WesleyR1086, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2018

Hi heidiw276

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am very saddened to read about these issues you encountered and would love the opportunity to discuss them further. Please may i ask that you contact me directly on wesley.ridgway@hotelduvin.com so that we can get this resolved for you.

Reviewed 22 November 2018

We booked for a one night stay, my husband told the call centre that I could not do stairs very easily, and he was assured that we would have an accessible room. When we arrived it was pouring with rain, the poor man at reception had been parking cars and he apologised because he was so wet.

He told us the restaurant had a party going on but that our room would be quiet. He then saw I used a walking stick and asked if I was OK climbing stairs, I explained we had booked an accessible room and I wanted to avoid stairs.

He then took us upstairs in the lift to the second floor, and from there he ran up the stairs and just expected us to follow him.

I wasn't very happy with the stairs, it was painful to climb up, and when I said again we had booked an accessible room he shrugged his shoulders and said there were no other rooms available. That left me with no choice but to get up those stairs as I had to sleep somewhere that night but I do wonder what would have happened had I been in a wheelchair! Would I have had to sleep in the front office - there isn't a lobby?

The room was quiet as promised, apart from a very noisy fan in the bathroom and the rain pouring down on the roof outside our window.

Because of the party we couldn't dine in, so in the end my husband went out and brought in a takeaway and I ended up in my room that evening eating my 'romantic dinner' with a spoon because we had no other cutlery - I just couldn't face the stairs again.

In the morning we had a good breakfast and then we left the hotel, but not before I told a woman at the desk what had gone wrong the night before. I explained that despite our booking an accessible room, the room was not accessible, the shower was over the bath (how was I supposed to use it?) and once I was up there I felt trapped. She took my email address, apologised and said she would look into what had gone wrong and would get back to us. She never did!

Given we spent over £200 for one night, I would have expected more in terms of customer service and would have expected to be able to dine in the bistro. There was a menu in the room, but if they had a restaurant full of people to serve, and by the look of it, hardly any staff, there wasn't much point calling up for room service as we would have had to wait for ages to be served.

The room, we were told, was newly decorated but to be honest, I would have been just as comfortable in a Premier Inn and had we stayed in one, we would have been able to stay and eat a proper meal in their restaurant!

In terms of location, the hotel couldn't be more central and there are cabs at the station and buses go right past the front door. The room was clean, there is a desk and a kettle with different teas and a coffee maker, but it was hardly large! The bed was a little soft for me, but it was a decent size, The room was a little small, and hardly what I expected, and there was only room for one armchair which pointed away from the TV, so I couldn't even sit down and watch TV unless I sat on the bed while my husband had to pull over the chair that had been by the desk.

I do think the room was significantly over priced for what we got.

Being given an inaccessible room really spoilt my weekend break - it is hard enough having mobility problems without having to negotiate stairs when you are told to expect none, and then when you try to be reasonable and accept that the mistake was made by a central call centre worker who did not know the hotel, and reception staff promise to get back to you - and they don't - it is so disappointing.

I haven't been very well lately and that weekend was going to be a special treat - instead I found myself stuck in an attic with no food, other than a take away, broken promises when we left and I had to go without my daily shower because I couldn't climb over the side of the bath which did not please me one bit!

Room tip: The attic is quiet.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi happyessextraveller

I am very sorry to hear that the central team did not firstly put the correct information on your booking or that our team still failed to rectify this on your arrival. I would love the oppurtunity to make this right for you so ask that you contact me directly on wesley.ridgway@hotelduvin.com.

I look forward to hearing from you and resolving this immediately.

Reviewed 15 November 2018

Fantastic staff very helpful from check in to check out.Beautiful clean room. Excellent locationWould highly recommend.Breakfast was outstanding.Price was very good.Will defiantly be returning to the hotel

Room tip: Excellent room
Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WesleyR1086, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2018

Hi julia b

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Cambridge.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2018

Restaurant was lovely for both dinner and breakfast. The room was fine although the mattress and pillows were far too soft, offering no support and awful nights sleep. Staff on check in were nice, those on checkout verged on rude. £30 to park the car for one night is extortionate, especially when it takes them over half an hour to collect it for you from over the road! Wouldn’t recommend or stay again.

Room tip: Don’t expect a decent night sleep unless you like ridiculously soft mattresses and pillows with no support.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi Aimee C

We are thrilled that you enjoyed the bistro for both breakfast and dinner.

On the other hand we are sorry that you found our beds too soft and lacking in support this is feedback that we very rarely get but understand that everyone has different preferences.

In terms of parking in Cambridge it is very limited and unfortunately we need to rent spaces off the university to ensure that our guests have safe parking in the area and this is off site and we do endeavor to try get these vehicles back as soon as we can and traffic permitting in the area.

I am sorry that these have left you unimpressed.