Lowest prices for your stay
US$140
PricelineUS$141
Booking.comUS$141
Trip.comUS$146
1,269 results
All reviews cellar bar cinema suite valet parking monsoon shower roll top bath birthday treat reception staff special occasion a lovely stay lovely room stayed here for one night cooked breakfast city centre bistro hdv toiletries university
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 August 2021 via mobile

My husband and our four year old daughter visited for the night on a city trip in august. We had the wonderfully quirky Belle Époque room. Overall I couldn’t recommend enough. The hotel is fancy but not over the top and wonderfully located. Our room was amazing. The staff and especially Christina couldn’t have made us more welcome. Breakfast was sooooo civilised for a hotel and calm and quiet. Decoration was quirky and a bit outside the normal cookie cutter hotel room style and prints. Would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Jeff Handyside, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2021

Hi ladydundas

I am delighted you enjoyed our Signature Belle Epoque Suite (including its private cinema room!) I am particularly delighted that you enjoyed our a la carte breakfast; we agree it is much more relaxed that a standard help yourself buffet!

The team very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back again very soon,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2021 via mobile

Beautiful boutique style hotel with amazing maisonette style family room. Highly recommend. Wonderful staff who couldn’t be more helpful. Fantastic location. Browns next door is fantastic for cocktails and people watching, overall a perfect stay.

Room tip: There is no parking at the hotel so you need to park round the corner in a car park which is fairly expensive. You can pull up and off load
Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi there

Many thanks for taking the time to share such a fantastic review with us - we are delighted you and your family enjoyed their visit and very much hope to have the opportunity to have you back with us very soon.

Kindest regards

Jeff Hanyside

Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

We have just checked in for a two night stay, which cost £444. Unfortunately the room is incredibly disappointing for the price we have paid. The first room we were put in was very dingy and was overlooked by some offices (the offices were several floors higher than our room so we would have had to close the curtains fully to prevent the occupants being able to see down into our room). The room was already very dingy with the curtains open and we didn’t want to close them during the day. The receptionist was very pleasant and moved us. Whilst our new room is not as overlooked, it is still very disappointing and not worth £222 per night. The furniture is marked / scuffed, the ceiling is low, the shower head is not tall enough for my partner to fully stand under, a stain on the curtain and dust / not properly cleaned in places. In summary, the room is very, very basic and is a three star at best.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi there

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Being a city center location we are somewhat restricted as to our neighbors however I am pleased the team were able to accommodate a room move for you. In regards to your comments on the room rate, our city is incredibly busy post-lockdown with hotels filling every weekend across the city. We regularly review our pricing to ensure it is in-line with other 4* properties.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again very soon,

Kind regards

Reviewed 5 August 2021

I booked Sunday lunch in August as a special occasion prior to our stay which was from a special Sunday Lunch menu, when I enquired about something else I noticed on line that the menu had changed to a full a la carte menu. I cancelled my booking as I do not want to spend that amount of money for lunch and we had wanted roast beef.Had I just turned up it would have been a very embarrassing situation to have found a totally different menu and pricing structure.
Disappointed before I even reach the hotel.
The secure parking has also been withdrawn.

Hi there

I am somewhat confused by your comments as were not open for Sunday lunch in August. We will however serve lunch on Saturday and Sunday (as of October 2021) where roast beef will be available a la carte in line with our usual style of service.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 31 July 2021

Well I booked a night here in Cambridge for the Mrs’s birthday and wow it’s a truly beautiful hotel to look at when you arrive. We booked in and had a chat with the lady on reception and we joked that we traveled up from the same part of the country she was from (but she was very well spoken, so clearly didn’t go to the same schools as we did).
We went to the room and yes I didn’t pay attention to the directions, so I nipped back to find out where our room was; I also asked if she knew of anything special I could do for her birthday today.
The lady on reception said bring her back I’ll sort something…..
We came back and was utterly surprised and so grateful that she upgraded us!
Oh my god. I will admit I was slightly dubious when she explained the room was in the basement (thinking oh yes hide us away??)
But no the rooms (yes plural) were stunning a private terrace a cinema room a roll top bath…..
We were waiting for a knock on the door to say there had been a mistake, but no it was ours!
We are so happy with the stay, the rooms were spotless and the bath and shower had awesome water pressure (the type of thing you care about in your 40’s).
The staff were great so knowledgable of the area, places to eat and drink.
Oh and the huge bed was fantastic and huge a full night’s sleep and she could roll over and not be “on my side”
Perfect!
Well done Hotel Du Vin
Well done.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi there

It is an absolute pleasure to read such a glowing review and I very much look forward to sharing your thoughts with the team. I am delighted they were able to go above and beyond in order to make your visit extra special and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Kindest regards,